Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2416 and you're doomed

• Please log in to reply

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I'd been facing this trouble since I'd first use Win XP. Some sorta software got stuck and I can't even close it off. When I opened the taskmgr, the memory usage will ALWAYS be 2,416 and thats all... and yet, I can't restart my computer, too. How can I solve this prob?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi simon_shaft...

Can you give us a little more information on just what software it is that is giving you the problem?

wannabe1

simon_shaft

simon_shaft

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Oh, sorry. I forgot to put it in too. btw the program that I'd know is:
-Opera (the most hit)
-utorrent (recently)
-process explorer (affected after 2416 is detected)
-Download Accelerator Plus (least)

Opera is the most hit by it. I can't open it, I can't close it and it's just like it's stuck at the taskbar. Then, Process Explorer would be affected by it. It won't open if you haven't open it and if you'd opened it, it will be just like the 2416 case.

* I dunno what software could have cause this thing... it could even happen right after I reformat my computer.

Edited by simon_shaft, 13 January 2007 - 08:55 PM.