Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

31 Days of the Dragon Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
This thread is started with the purpose of keeping all non-submission related chatter out of the submission thread.

Please take note - Any submissions made in this thread do not count.

All submissions to the contest should be made in the proper place.

Let the fun begin.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
31 sites, 31 days, 31 prize packages. A new contest starts every day. Each contest runs 7 days:

Add all 31 sites and dates to your calendar: .ics / iCal link

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Thanks for the calendar link admin, quite useful :) I've already started working on something for the absolutevista contest.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Great thread thanks :)

I'm not really that clear on the rules for GTG... Just save that picture of the logo, print it and take it somewhere interesting? then photo/video that?

Have i got it :)?

Consequence

Consequence

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Do you guys know were I can submit my picture at, im sorry i am soo confused at this point.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Do you guys know were I can submit my picture at, im sorry i am soo confused at this point.

If you mean for GTG you need to wait for the 13th of May before you can post it, that is when the competition will start.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Great thread thanks :)

I'm not really that clear on the rules for GTG... Just save that picture of the logo, print it and take it somewhere interesting? then photo/video that?

Have i got it :)?

Yes you got it right. There is a separate thread for submissions.

Consequence

Consequence

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I noticed theres a rule that says: Images that have been digitally enhanced or manipulated are not allowed. No Photoshop or other photo editing software allowed.

So if i take a picture of my character in a RPG game or somthing, and added the G2G logo will i get disqualified?

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Yes, obviously you need to edit out the picture in order to put the G2G logo. Unless I'm mistaken and that's allowed.

Edited by Tal, 04 May 2008 - 09:43 AM.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Yes, obviously you need to edit out the picture in order to put the G2G logo. Unless I'm mistaken and that's allowed.

I was thinking you print the logo out and tape it or glue it to the surface then take the picture? Or maybe you take the pic then move it where you want it?

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Well that I don't know.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
I think the rules are very clear, no editing whatsoever.
Be creative, and post your pic to multiple spots :)

Its all about fresh looks for the G2G logo, and showing your idea off!
Just have fun, see how many sites or hosts you can get your pic up on.
Please keep it clean, as some of the people here (ME) will hunt you down if G2G is disrespected :)

I would like to see a weird name tagged to every entry so when you Google it you see where all the postings are.
That would be cool.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I thought i understood, but know reading what you said i am confused again...

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The rules for this contest are very simple. Just try not to overcomplicate things.

Thats it, exactly.
==============

Please read the thread in its entirety. This is right at the top of the thread.

Note - This thread will open for submissions on May 13th at 12:01am CDT. You may get your submission ready before then, but this thread will remain closed until the contest opens on May 13th. Do not attempt to post your entry anywhere else on this site. Entries not submitted to this thread will be void.

==============

I noticed theres a rule that says: Images that have been digitally enhanced or manipulated are not allowed. No Photoshop or other photo editing software allowed.

So if i take a picture of my character in a RPG game or somthing, and added the G2G logo will i get disqualified?

Please refer to rule #6. Its pretty well laid out.

Images that have been digitally enhanced or manipulated are not allowed. No Photoshop or other photo editing software allowed.

==============

I was thinking you print the logo out and tape it or glue it to the surface then take the picture?

This is correct.
==============
These rules are meant to be as clear as possible. No matter how we worded them, someone would be confused. With 1/4 of a million members, it is impossible to please everyone.

The contest is actually very simple. Take the logo and print it. Take that print outside (or inside) and stick it somewhere. Put it somewhere creative. Then take a picture of it in its new home.

You can print the logo as big or small as you can handle. Does this clear some things up?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

I think the rules are very clear, no editing whatsoever.
Be creative, and post your pic to multiple spots :)

Its all about fresh looks for the G2G logo, and showing your idea off!
Just have fun, see how many sites or hosts you can get your pic up on.
Please keep it clean, as some of the people here (ME) will hunt you down if G2G is disrespected :)

I would like to see a weird name tagged to every entry so when you Google it you see where all the postings are.
That would be cool.

I am not sure where you got your information. Let me try to comment.

First, you do not need to get any pictures up on multiple hosts. Just choose one.

Second, no one here will hunt anyone down. Period.

Third, tag? The pictures are hosted elsewhere, but the only ones that count are the ones that are submitted in the contest thread.

Lets not try to complicate things. Remember, simple.

Take a picture. Host it at one of the listed sites. Post the picture in the contest thread (when it opens). Sit back and enjoy everyone else's picture.