Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACDC Image Fox problems

• Please log in to reply

prusey

prusey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:

Out of the blue I have a warning: the standard plug-in "IDE_ACDStd apl" could not be loaded. Some features of ACDSee will not work correctly without this plug-in.

Help, what does this mean. It certainly doesn't work correctly I know that. I have not down-loaded anything, it just appeared. Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome prusey to Geeks to Go. Have you tried reinstalling your ACDSee photo viewing software?

cafrjr

cafrjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Same problem happened to me, not when I installed ACDSee7, but when I installed PicaView2.0!!! Tried to get the plug-in, but didn't find it anywhere...
If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please let me know.
:mad: :tazz:

jts

jts

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dudes exactly the same -----happened to me about a week ago or so now... I'm lost without my ACDSee v3.1 (pref vers) and have been using it for ~10yrs!! So, when this "loading..." shite put itself upon me - I put me upon it to find a fix to the f*cker :) What changed on my system? A: Similar to cafrjr, I installed a different app. - HOME.DESIGN.QUICK.AND.EASY.V3.0. So, when this [bleep] of an app. broke my ACDSee - I wasn't happy. I tried installing v3.1 and v7.0.61 over and over to no avail... I Googled for a while using ACDSee and IDE_ACDStd.apl and came across this thread... I visited ACDSee.systems also with no luck... So, tonight I decides to un-install this friggin HOME.DESIGN [bleep] of an app., and re-installed v3.0 of ACDSee and BINGO SHE'S BACK WORKING!!! ;) Farking BRILLIANT I says.. So I immediately updated it to v3.1 (the fav!) and BAM - she's broke again?!??!?!? What the... ;) he thinks?!?!? I wasn't gunna bother to see if this process fixed v7.0.61, but curiosity got the getter of me (of course!). A: Yup - that's working now too! So, before I could actually get some peasefull rest - did v3.1 now work again I thinks... was almost too scared to find out by now :) So, wot did an upgrade of v3.0 to v3.1 (fav) do now? A: Totally screwed up ALL versions again!! LOL So I guess it's back to v3.0 for me!! Or V7.0.61 if I can be bothered learning the new features! :)
Note: Each time I got the IDE_ACDStd.apl error, I un-installed EVERY version before proceeding with the next trial-n-error... but u already knew that - didn't ya :tazz:

So, I hope this little experience of mine can assist you dudes out there in ACDSee lovers land to get your systems back up and running as mine is, albeit on a non-preferred version and no HOME.DESIGN package installed!!

JTS

Edited by coachwife6, 17 March 2005 - 09:36 PM.

skippee

skippee

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Soooooooooo.......what is the answer? :blink: I did a registry clean and the same thing happened to me. It's not the first time AND a system restore does not fix the error. Warning: the standard plug-in "IDE_ACDSTD.apl" could not be loaded. Some features of ACD mPower Tools will not work correctly without this plug in. I even tried to install PicaView and the same thing happens with it.........even with a new install. I did a search and found the file in C:\program file\acd systems\plugins2. Now my question. If the file is there then why can't windows load it?? :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
skippee, please start your own thread

skippee

skippee

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
That comment and YOUR pm's make absolutely NO sense to me. Why in the world would you or anyone else want to start a new thread of the SAME subject just because of the date of the thread is old. No one has a solution to this problem and just maybe one of the posters would like to know just why this plug-in will not load with windows. Have you ever had this particular problem happen to you gerryf? That comment makes absolutey NO sense at all. I'll find an answer in another fourm. Werido!

Bombenhagel

Bombenhagel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

Did anyone get a solution? I don't have this problem, but my sister does, using ACDSee v3.1 "installed" on CD. She has a better, newer, harder and faster computer than I do, but I packaged the CD and gave it to her after testing.

I did do some .bat scripting to get this to work from CD. Please help...

All we need is a way to get the .apl plugin to load. Btw, it's working fine from CD here.

-Bombenhagel
http://www.thecavernforum.com :whistling:

EDIT: I was able to recreate this error. If you can find all the references in the registry to "ACD," just back them all up or alternately, look for references to "IDE_ACDSTD.apl" and back them up (make sure ACDSee is working). If you ever have a problem, just click your backup back into the registry. And if all else fails, go here:
http://up-file.com/download/cc1b92757193/on.reg.html

Goodnight!
-Bombenhagel

Edited by Bombenhagel, 07 July 2006 - 10:37 PM.

Allan's Place

Allan's Place

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Solution! (I think.) I, too, have been plagued with the IDE_ACDStd.apl error. I've been using ACDSystems things for ages. I started with ACDSee (so called "Classic" - original, I guess) and moved up to 4. Out of the blue, ACDSee 4 stopped working, giving an IDE_ACDStd.apl error and preventing me from editing pics. Installing PicaView and ImageFox didn't help. I decided to buy the latest, 8.something, because I couldn't figure out how to fix the IDE_ACDStd.apl problem. I got a refund because the problem still existed after installing the new version. What's more, version 8 didn't actually display any pictures. As well, 4 kept failing, giving an error message. (I forgot which one. Some sort of general error.) Anyway, this could just be a fluke, but after installing Microsoft Visio, the error is gone! Is it a Visual Basic thing? Is it something else related to Microsoft Visio? Is it something else completely? Hard to say. Anyway, I can now go back to work. Feel free to contact me. (This is my first post.)

tshell

tshell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try this: Launch ACDC and find the plugins tab on the pull down menu, which may or may not be under tools.

Get to the "Image decode" tab

Where it says plug-in folder, click the browse button

Tell it to look for plugins in the folder called "plugins", or whichever folder the .apl files live in.

Close and restart ACDC

This worked for me. The program was looking for plugins in the wrong folder, after I migrated to a new pc. Doing the steps above made everything work again.

Edited by tshell, 23 August 2006 - 06:20 PM.

Advertisements

majorpain

majorpain

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok... got the same error for a few years... sometimes it just stoped naggin when i reinstalled picaview 2.0 or acdsee, but this time nutin seemed to work. im using acdsee 9 and picaview 2.0, every [bleep] time i tried to use the sheell thingie (the main reason i even use picaview) to right click and see the pic in the shell, i got the [bleep] error, searched forums and nutin... till i found out that atm acdsee install its own plugins in a diferent folder, sumtin like in portuguese F:\Arquivos de programas\Arquivos comuns\ACD Systems\PlugIns2\ or in EN: *\Program file\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns2\ ; so now u have two choices to fix the [bleep] thing, point Picaview to get plugins from acdsee folder or copy the [bleep] file from acdsee folder to picaview plugins folder. it fixed my Picaview error and acdsee at same time.. dunno why acdsee started to work tho..
hope it helps someone. only reged to this forum to post this.

cheers!

poison

Edited by majorpain, 23 September 2006 - 11:18 PM.

Allan's Place

Allan's Place

• Pip
  • 2 posts
<Sigh> Every time I have to format my HD, it's back to the same problem. I thought I had it licked, but my ACDSee v.4.0.2 is up to its old tricks again with the IDE_ACDStd.apl. Is there a definitive answer out there? Does ACDSystems know? Surely they must by now. It's been dragging on for years now. I've tried almost everything. <Allan's Place> <[email protected]>

W J Murphy

W J Murphy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Found that mPower tools had created folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns and ACDSee 10 had created folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns2

Copied newer files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns2 into C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns then ran ACDSee and set it to point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns instead of PlugIns2. Tools>Plugins

Deleting Plugins2 isn't liked by ACDSee so leave there.

Edited by W J Murphy, 06 July 2008 - 05:16 AM.

Janrob

Janrob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was Googling for the solution to my "broken Pica View". I've been using it for over 5 years and have the CD for it. I even installed it on my laptop without one single problem. However last week my Dell with Windows XP was reformatted to get rid of a bunch of useless stuff and I've added an external hard drive and more RAM. Soooooo - the problem began when I put back all my fav. programs. PICA VIEW was and has been my #1 fav. It would not intall and run and I kept getting the WARNING: the standard plug-in "IDE_ACDStd.apl" could not be loaded. I removed it and reinstalled it about a dozen times.

I also saw a note earlier that Pica View is attached to Windows explorer so open up a photo or file from explorer for Pica View to open it. Well - accidentally I used a file with a singer that I happened to have that was ripped off a DVD. IT OPENED!!!!!!!!!!! So with that I was thrilled - but it still wouldn't open a jpeg photo. So with the singer still in the viewer I clicked thePica Tool bar above that picture and chose PLUG IN SETTINGS Guess what! The one and only item on that list that WAS NOT CHECKED OFF was this file that wouldn't load IDE_ACDStd.apl. This Applet controls the viewing of BMP, EMF, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TBA, TIFF and WMF. Sooooooo - Check it off and you're good to go!!!!

Now, my friends it is working and if it gives me any trouble again - I will know exactly how to fix it.

I know these post by you folks were a while back, but maybe it will help others who continue to have this problem and I am happy to help you by trying to explain what the problem was.

I am one happy camper at this point.

JanRob :) :)

wahlehw

wahlehw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had a similar problem with ACDSee 3.1 and found my solution on the ACDSee web site at:

http://acdsystems.cu...amp;p_topview=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pasted that page here:

Question
Why does ACDSee say "ACDSee has encountered an error and will now close"?
Answer
There may be an issue with the registry key that holds the settings for ACDSee.

Option 1 will remove the corrupt registry key which will delete the settings for ACDSee. In most cases, the issue will be resolved by completing the step in Option 1. If not, please continue with other options listed below

*Note: The following utility will remove your personal settings within the software, e.g. resetting ACDSee Browser/Viewer Layout, restoring all the default option under Tools | Options.

1. Click the following download link and saving the utility on your local hard disk, e.g. Desktop
ACD Systems Registry Key Remover.
2. Run the utility by double-clicking 'r_acdsee.exe' that you just have downloaded.
3. Restart ACDSee.

If ACDSee launches without an error message, it is recommended to optimize your database by following step in Option 2. If you cannot launch ACDSee, follow steps in Option 3.

OPTION 2: Remove thumbnails, optimize database tables & fields, and remove orphans
This procedure will NOT affect your image files or data

1. Click Database | Database Maintenance.
2. Click Remove Thumbnails.
3. In the Confirm Remove Thumbnails dialog box, click Yes.
4. Click Remove Orphan Folders if that button is available to you..
5. In the Confirm Remove Orphan Folders dialog box, click Yes.
6. Click Optimize Database.
7. On the Welcome page of the Optimize Database Wizard, click Next, select both options 'Optimize database tables and fields' and 'Remove orphans from database', then follow the wizard to optimize your database.

OPTION 3: If problem still persists, please delete all the CDX and two thumbnail files in the ACDSee database folder

1. With Windows explorer, navigate to ACDSee database folder. The location of the ACDSee database folder depends on the version and Operating System you are using. Look up the applicable folder in Knowledge Base 1342. For example, for ACDSee Pro 2.5 under Windows XP, the folder is located at 'C:\Documents and Settings\[yourusername]\Local Settings\Application Data\ACD Systems\25Pro\Default'
2. Within the 'Default' folder, sort the files according to file type in order to easily identify the CDX files
*Note : To sort the files according to their types, please try the following
1. In the Windows Explorer, choose View menu (XP), or click the View Button (Vista) and ensure 'Details' is selected.
2. Click Type Column.
3. All the files will now be sorted according to their file types.
3. Delete the 'CDX' files, and 'Thumb1.fpt', 'Thumb2.fpt'. Please note deleting thumb1.fpt and thumb2.fpt will result the loss of the contents of offline media.
4. Re-start ACDSee (and decline option to import old database if found).

OPTION 4: If problem remains, please remove existing database and create a new ACDSee database

Please note: The following procedure will result in a loss of any database information (Captions, Notes, Keywords, Ratings, Categories) entered into ACDSee since initial installation. The catalogued images (JPG, Tiff, PNG, etc,) and other media files (Audio, Video) will not be affected.

Close ACDSee before proceeding (including down by the clock).

1. With Windows explorer, navigate to ACDSee database folder. The location of the ACDSee database folder depends on the version and Operating System you are using. Look up the applicable folder in Knowledge Base 1342. For example, for ACDSee Pro 2.5 under Windows XP, the folder is located at 'C:\Documents and Settings\[yourusername]\Local Settings\Application Data\ACD Systems\25Pro\Default'
2. Delete all the files in that 'Default' folder.
3. Re-start ACDSee (and decline option to import old database if found).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried Option 4 and deleted the ACDSee data bases located in C:\ProgramData\ACD Systems\ACDSee\ImageDB.ddf and ImageDB.dtf

When ACDSee restarted, it wrote new data base files and the program works again!

Hal