Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM and Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

arielshai

arielshai

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
WEll here u go;
so every time i open Outlook express for the first time after turning on the computer, the AOL instent messesnger log on window pops up. i have tried the options in outlook and i found the way to turn off this feature, but it doesn't work. i have looked in the messenger program, but i can't find it there.
if u know what i am talking about, please respond

thanks,
arielshai

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't use AOLIM but my kids sometimes do. When it pops up, you have the option of automatic sign-in on the right hand side on the bottom of the AOL IM sign-on. Untick it and it shouldn't start up automatically.

You can also go to run>> type in "msconfig" >> go to the last tab and uncheck AOLIM at start-up.

titan7342

titan7342

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
if you go into Aim's setup area and unclick it as your default messenger program it will not open with outlook. You can still use it but it will only open when you choose to open it.