Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI catalyst control center

• Please log in to reply

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Just installed the 5.11 (not 5.12 due to strange effects it causes to a game i play) drivers for my radeon 9800pro which includes the catalyst control center it all worked fine but then i ran a few ad aware/spyware programs (dont know if that matters) and rebooted, and now i get this message

Posted Image

Anyone have any ideas, i tried un-installing and re-installing, but no change.. i need to get into the controls

Edited by whitey_VTS, 03 February 2006 - 05:37 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you go to the ATI download page and get the cat uninstaller, download the files you want to install to a folder, the current ones are 6.1, run the uninstaller then install the drivers from the folder, you need .net framework if you have not already got that

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
HI, you lost me a bit there, all i know is i got the cat unistaler run it rebooted, installed catalyst control center 5.11 (i went to previous drivers), had a few problems so unistalled, downloaded .NET framwork, then installed CAT control center 5.11 and it all worked fine, rebooted and i got that error message, i went into computer accounts and there was another account there than usual, its name was .net framework or something along those lines, so i deleted account but still no luck, i currently dont have the CAT control center just the control panel which is fine, but would like the control center if anyone knows how..

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You don't have this bit?

Download Tune Up 2006 Trial http://www.tune-up.com

Download the ATI 6.1 Drivers, there are two, one which includes control panel / centre

Cat Uninstaller should have taken everything ATI off, you can run it again then got to programme files click start then my computer, click local disc C and move the ATI folder to my documents, click programme files and move the ATI Technologies folder to my documents

Run Tune Up disc clean up then run Tune Up registry clean up

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot

Install the ATI Drivers

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
As i said before mate, i purposely downloaded the 5.11 drivers because the 6.1 drivers conflict with 1 of my games.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go with those then

ATI say the best drivers are the ones which come with the card

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You actually said that the 5.12 drivers conflicted not the 6.1 6 series drivers are an entirley different beast to the 5s.

Did you use the ATI driver uninstaller? Could you please list everything that you have tried just so to cear up what you have tried to do and what happened.

thefridge2

thefridge2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hey, i got the same problem, could someone help us. i've never seen that ATI control center screen, so i take it it's never been installed, thus i think that i've always been using my mobo's graphs. can someone help.

i've un and reinstalled ati drivers (6.2) and control center(9.13)
i've installed .net framework 1.1
i've tried to run cc, but got the same error message as the guy who started this thread.
so i deleted the .net account on my pc, after which i still got the same message.
also please note that i now have the ATI icon in my taskbar, which i've had like 3 times in the 2 years that i have my pc. plz help me with my ATI drivers and CC, so i can finally play the games my pc is supposed to be playing without going all crazy on me( blue screens, weird bars and squares over screen, some kind of heavy fog.) PLZ HELP ME!!!(and the other guy)

NOTE: i've added a screenshot of the error message and my ATI icon as an attachement.

Attached Thumbnails

• ATI_CC.jpg

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The latest version of .net framework is 2 go to the MS website download and reinstall, when you uninstalled the drivers did you use the ATI unistaller or driver cleaner(if you didnt do that). Make sure you are using an administrator account to install the drivers. And please list your system specs.

thefridge2

thefridge2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
i used the cat uninstaller.
i always use an admin account, it's my own pc.

i've uninstalled all ATI drivers, then i've installed framework 2.0, i've tried reinstalling the 6.2 driver, when i got these message's, starting with the fail to set the install... then immediately followed by zero display service error. then it automaticaly started with installing the control center, where i got the message no display service. now the link to the CC doesn't work, at first i could install it after which i got the message saying you are not allowed to make changes ... , now i can't install the CC or use it.

plz help me!
thx anyway

system specs
xp pro sp2
amd xp 2800+
asus A7V8X-X mobo
512 mb RAM
80 gb Maxtor hdd
iiyama ls704ut
ati radeon 9600 pro
sony dvd drive
lite-on cd rw drive

Attached Thumbnails

• ati_problem_display_driver.jpg
  • ati_problem_display_driver_2.jpg
  • ati_problem_control_center_3.jpg

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try earlier versions until it won't install CC

http://www.filehippo...d_ati_catalyst/

I have updated drivers but you aren't missing much, especially if the card will run with the drivers from the software CD

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
the ATI Catalyst is a horrible bit of kit, untill it works when it suddenly becomes very good.

I have had so many problems with it, until last night when i gave it one last shot and lo and behold its fine now.

thefridge2

thefridge2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
the drivers on the cd never worked .

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
One set of drivers from file hippo (old versions) must work or the card is a suspect

thefridge2

thefridge2

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
file hippo only gives the 6.2 driver.
but seriously, do you want me to install all the drivers that ATI produced one by one to see which one works.
c'mon man, there's gotta be some other way.