Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Free 7.1 version support extended to 18th of February 2007

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
New Free Anti-Virus

GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and full compatibility with the latest Windows Vista version will be available very soon. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs.

AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.

Click This to Update AVG Free 7.1 to 7.5

The download link for AVG Anti-Spyware Free for Windows is below the AV link

AVG Anti-Spyware Free
This setup contains the free as well as the paid version of AVG Anti-Spyware. After the installation, a free 30-day trial version containing all the extensions of the full version will be activated. At the end of the trial, these extensions will be deactivated and the program will turn into a feature-limited freeware version. The purchased license code can be entered at any time.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Very good announcement, thanks! :whistling:

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I've noticed that this newest version is giving false positives though. I installed in a machine and it's reporting all these viruses that are not viruses. For example the jusched.exe for java is being reported as a virus, there are some quicktime files, msmsgs.exe, and various other files that regularly update/connect to the internet are being picked as viruses. Is there a fix to this? This is going to be a problem if it continues.

-=j0nnyr0773n=- :whistling:

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Whats it detecting them as Johnny? Sounds like the newish trojan thats making the rounds.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
It's detecting them as downloader trojans. I can't remember exactly which one. It's on a computer that is not at my own house so I can find out exactly if I must. I set it up for someone and told them I'd get to the bottom of it and let them know what to do. Thanks for the help.

-=j0nnyr0773n=- :whistling:

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Hey,

The message just popped up for me today. Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

~Matt :whistling:

Beowoulfe

Beowoulfe

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but since i have ver 7.5 then ts only free for 30 days then i have to buy it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
GRISOFT Extends User Product Support for AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.1 Through February 18, 2007
Time extended to upgrade to AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.5 and other updated AVG Internet Security products

http://www.grisoft.c...ng/us/tpl/tpl01

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
so once it reaches the 18th of feb no more avg? =( what shall we use then?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can use this now if you want

http://www.filehippo..._avg_antivirus/