Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Admin account won't load

• Please log in to reply

olsalesd

olsalesd

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok. My computer is working fine...but one of my friends is doing some weird things...she asked if I could help her (because of my friends, I know the most about computers) so I said I would take a look....Ok, heres the thing...the computer is used by her, and her mom, but the administrator on the computer is Ashley (my friend). And her mom just uses the computer on the side once in awhile because its not hers... Anyway, her moms account logs on, and runs fine. (although infected with tons of spyware lol I can tell) But the administrating account, "Ash" (the girls name) once you type in the password to log on, her wallpaper loads...and then it just stops...start menu doesnt load, icons dont load, task bar doesnt load...nothing... It just stays with the wallpaper...I tried to boot up in safe mode, but when I do I still can't log on to her account...I get the same thing (just with no background because safemode doesnt load the background) so I sat on it for awhile...but couldnt really do much because I had to work on her moms account, which isnt the administrator, so I had limited options on certain things...I ran a spy bot scan, and got 6 entries, but it couldnt delete any of them because it said they were all in use...and adware didnt find anything...but neither of these scans were in safemode because I can't load any accounts in Safe Mode.

Advertisements

olsalesd

olsalesd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Anybody have a clue??