Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD auto restart

• Please log in to reply

citadel77

citadel77

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
i got the blue screen (friends computer not mine it just happend yesterday if it effects my geeku at all)
any who, got this technical code
0x00000050 (0xEC6B738D, 0x00000000, 0x84e5808c, 0x00000002)

got memtest86+ from the ultimate boot cd running on the laptop as i type this,only been running 5 minutes so far
but i am unable to get into windows from any route last known good, any of the safe modes, its all leading me to the screen any help is appreciated

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Hi Citadel77,
Give Memtest a few full passes to make sure the RAM is fine first. This BSOD is usually down to drivers or corruption on the drive. After doing the Memtest I would boot back into your UBCD or into Recovery Console and do a chkdsk /r on the hard drive to hopefully clear any corruption, if present on the drive.

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
alrite im going to bed now ill let the mem test run while i sleep, post back with ram test results

Edited by citadel77, 22 January 2010 - 07:34 AM.

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
have now 14 passes so im assuming the ram is ok, what would you suggest next? keep in mind im completely unable to break into windows currently, ive been booting from the ultimate boot cd(if your familiar)

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Yep, RAM looks fine then. Have you ran a full Chkdsk yet? If not, boot back into your UBCD and run a chkdsk c: /r

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
how do i get to the point where i can run a chkdsk i tried some of the on cd dos programs but they all say chkdsk /r is invalid command

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Boot into the UBCD again and look for the program NTFS4DOS. Load that, then you should be able to run chkdsk c: /r

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
ok so i got in and went through the NTFS4DOS and after all was said and done(most was written in german?) the program told me it had an unrecoverable exception after i attempted the CHKDSK c: /r

id love to screen shot it for you but cant, and id love to tell you what it said exactly but i dont speak german lol.....im starting to believe the HDD really is just ca-put.....

Do you know of the problem im explaining i could go through the whole process again and explain the error page in more detail for you....

And one more thing when the NTFS4DOS did startup, the command line began with a:\ and idea why?

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Ok, we'll leave the Chkdsk for now, sounds as if it found some sort of problem though. What I would do next is test the Hard Drive. To do this...

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable. To burn an ISO image to disc...
  • Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
  • Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
  • Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
  • Click on Browse for a file... icon:
Posted Image
  • Locate ###.iso file, and click Open button.
  • Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning the disc:
Posted Image

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

ps. Most Dos/Command Prompts outside of your normal Windows will start on A:\ ,it's then up to the user to select the drive letter they need to access, nothing to worry about there.

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
alright sorry for inane questioning, but i went through found my HDD manufacturer and its seagate(after completely removing the darn thing to find it lol)
i went through to find the .iso for it and it brings up THIS

im not quite sure what im suppose to do with this

and i use burncdcc acceptable for this .iso producing?

Advertisements

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
used firefox and got it downloaded >< i guess thats strike 1 against opera...
update soon

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
short scan passed, at 50% with the long scan

its an acer laptop using a seagate HDD btw

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
hrmm.....

short DST and long test both passed.......looks like were running out of pinpoint problems lol

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Ok, thanks for that, Hard Drive looks to be alright then.

Can you just confirm what operating system your friends PC is?

citadel77

citadel77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
windows vista home premium