Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD STOP Error 0x0000007B

• Please log in to reply

wikedjoker

wikedjoker

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello I have a old Compaq Presario V4000 laptop Intel ® Celeron ® M CPU 512MB with WinXP Home Edition, it was running fine until I put in my Sony 16GB flash drive that I have used on other PC's with no problems and had nothing on it with or could have any viruses on it.

The flash drive installed and prompted me to restart and when i did it just kept booting over and over, pressed F8 tried to boot in safe mode and with last known good configuration, no luck same results.

I disable automatic restart on system failure and got the Blue Screen of Death with stop error 0x0000007B (0xF8BE6528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I ran CHKDSK in System Recovery did not find any problems and didn't help still just boots over and over same with safe mode and last known good config. I do not have any windows XP disk hope that is not a problem.

GeeksToGo have helped me before I seen a lot of this error searching didn't know which fix to try without causing further damage I am not even worried about what is on the hard drive. Can anyone help fix this problem? THANK YOU.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It's odd that Windows XP would need a restart in order to finish setting up a USB flash drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

wikedjoker

wikedjoker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thanks for the reply I thought it was weird too but didn't think about it till after I restarted. I have tried what I think would help me on the microsoft site before I posted on here with no luck, and have been waiting for another reply of my post since I have posted this problem twice in about a month zero responses on the first post, but thank you for the link I guess I'm just going to try and get a copy of XP home and see if that works. I still will be checking this post to see if I get any more suggestions so if any one has a fix for this please help. I will post the fix on here if I do get it since I have seen a lot of 7B BSOD errors on here with no fixes.