Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Spyware Programs

• Please log in to reply

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Before deciding about what AntiSpyware software to use, please check out this list by spyware expert Eric Howes :tazz:

http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I found Lavasoft on there!
http://www.spywarewa...emblances.htm#3
Look at that whole block.

blissey1

blissey1

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Look at the screenshots....it's different from Ad-Aware 1.06...

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Those are just programs that copied Ad-Aware's look/code. Ad-Aware is legitimate :tazz:

unknownperhaps

unknownperhaps

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
lol yup i can tell because it said adware will the original is ad-aware :tazz: lol

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I guess to avoid having trouble with these, its best to just get Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-aware from their official websites.

yanowhiz

yanowhiz

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

I guess to avoid having trouble with these, its best to just get Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-aware from their official websites.

View Post

That is what I do, and its the best thing to do to make sure you are not getting ripped off.

s2006

s2006

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hi, i decided to check out the list of spyware from eric howes. i chose spybot search & destroy, then it gives u the option of downloading it from certain sites. well i downloaded it from one of the provided sites & at the end it asks if i'd like to run the program even if the publisher is unknown. Isn't that something one should avoid b/c the program couldn've been altered or tampered for wahtever reasons & then u could end up defeating the whole purpose??? :whistling:

negative_silent

negative_silent

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
This is a very nice list, thanks for posting it!