Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best system you can build for $1000

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
US VERSION OF THIS BUILD:

Antec 900 Case - $119.99

Western Digital Caviar 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 16Mb Cache - $114.99

EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - $289.99

OCZ GameXStream 700W Power Supply - $133.99

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory - $49.99

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - $91.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor - $189.99

Total = $990.93

For the CANADIAN prices please go to NCIX.COM and purchase your products there.

Guys please help by updating this post once every month to new products that are out, I will try my best to update but just in case. Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Soorena

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is a gaming/entertainment rig if you need a computer that does other things better, like lets say you need more CPU power than Video Card power then adjust accordingly by going with a cheaper video card and a better CPU, or for more memory again less video card more memory.

Edited by SOORENA, 01 December 2007 - 02:59 PM.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Interesting after I purchased new OCZ Revision 2 ram last week I called OCZ for my rebate that they hadn't sent, and they were amazed that it hadn't arrived so they were willing to make it up to me by sending me a pair for FREE!!! I was like ok thanks a lot and was waiting till now, amazingly I just received the free memory PLUS my rebate both at the same time. I love OCZ, and am gonna return this new pair they sent and possibly buy a new video card. WOW.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 01 December 2007 - 06:39 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:) Who were you dealing with :)
I'm still waiting (sent my rebate in on June 20th). Need to to help me with my watercooling bill.
How are you going to return the memory when the receipt will be quite old.
James

Edited by james_8970, 01 December 2007 - 11:03 PM.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I will try but I don't know if I'll succeed. I might just rip one of my friends off and sell it.

Soorena

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I noticed this topic got lost so quickly, I'm just gonna bring it back up for people to see every now and then.

Soorena