Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broken Links?

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello, for some reason some links in the "Welcome to Geek University, Your training starts here" topic don't work on my home computer but do at my school. I tried them in both FireFox and IE, and nothing worked.

Links like:

Grinler's HiJackThis Tutorial:

http://www.bleepingc...ware-tut42.html

Said: "Not Found

The requested URL /forums/HijackThis_Tutorial_How_to_use_HijackThis_to_remove_Browser_Hijackers_and_Spywar
e-tut42.html was not found on this server."

PM to Kat:

"I'm having a problem viewing links. And most of the links I am trying to view are the ones that will teach/help me analyze HiJackThis Logs. What should I do. I already posted a topic explaining my problem, and no response yet. I want to start the Practice Logs. But I can't because some links to websites aren't working. For example, I went to "Welcome to Geek University, Your training starts here" and tried to view "Grinler's HiJackThis Tutorial" and this message came up:

"Not Found

The requested URL /forums/HijackThis_Tutorial_How_to_use_HijackThis_to_remove_Browser_Hijackers_and_Spywar
e-tut42.html was not found on this server."

I know it's not broken because it worked at my school. I'm not asking you to help me fix the problem, but I want to start the Practice Logs, but I can't so I need some assistance on what to do now. I hope you understand. Didn't mean to PM you, but this is getting really annoying, and it seem like I'm the only one thats having this problem.

Thank you,

Steven Soleimani"

Kat's responce:

"Whatever malware is on your computer is blocking them. You'll have to wait until a staff member can help you clear the malware. Make sure you tell whoever helps you about that, so they can be sure to sort it out too. :whistling:"

Edited by Steve Soleimani, 12 June 2007 - 12:06 PM.

Advertisements

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Edited it. I added a PM that me and Kat an Admin had. Someone please help. As you can see I'm a "GeekU Freshman" and I want to start analyzing HiJackThis logs, but can't due to this issue.