Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Check out my site

• Please log in to reply

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Here is the link to my webapge

http://www.nexus-e.com please check this out and tell me what you think about it

:tazz:

Advertisements

Steelheart

Steelheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
As I posted in another forum, I consider myself to be a fair and considerate person who can critique in a positive way. I have written a list of observations and suggestions for your site. I know that you might not agree with all of them, but that is alright! The point is to help you improve your site to achieve its goals of acquiring more business.

I would like to begin by saying that I like the overall design of the site, to include the color scheme and logos.
Let me know if you have any further questions, or need clarification on these comments.

Analysis of Nexus E-Com site

Description of issue: The “Return to the home page” functionality is located at the bottom, and is hard to find.
Recommendation: Locate in the top navigation bar.

Description of issue: Main text block is hard to use and read due to scrolling bar.
Additional information: I have two examples of the difficulty I had. When I read the home page and scrolled all the way down, I had to click and hold the up arrow. I had to wait a number of seconds to scroll back up. Other than refreshing the page, there was no quick way to get back to the top of the information, in the case that I wanted to refer to it again. The mouse scroll wheel does not work for this either. On your hosting plan page, the entire offering was not visible because of the scrolling. I don’t think it’s a good idea to make your potential customers have to find your higher end offerings. They might likely give up and figure it’s too much of a pain.
Recommendation: I would advise that you should have it all in a long page if necessary, but not too long. If it is too long, then break it up into another page of some sort.

Description of issue:
Dropdown submenus cover main item.
Recommendation: I would make it so that the menu drops down from bottom of the main item, so that it doesn’t cover it.

Description of issue:
Link color at the bottom of pages and in dropdown menus is distracting.
Recommendation: I would advise changing the link color to the yellow that you use in your logo. This provides a less distracting color, but also provides site integrity.

Description of issue: Contact tab does not show contact information, but rather team information when first loaded. The contact information is only shown when one clicks on the team tab and then clicks the Contact tab again.
Recommendation: Correct this to reflect the contact information.

Description of issue: Grammar errors: Most notable is capitalization of words in the middle of sentences for no reason.
Recommendation: Edit text of pages to correct grammar errors.

Description of issue: Home Page: Red scrolling text is hard to read due to contrast and scrolling. Also distracts when trying to read the text block.
Recommendation 1: Either slow down the scrolling or eliminate it.
Recommendation 2: Change the color to something else that contrasts for visibility, but not red.

Description of issue: Mouse logo grayed out; reduces visual impact.
Recommendation: Make more visually prominent without being too much so.

Description of issue: Home Page: “Welcome to Nexus E-com Enterprises” text moves and is obscured when scrolling text while reading.
Recommendation: Separate “Welcome to Nexus E-com Enterprises” heading from body text and make into a static heading.

Description of issue: Home Page: Advertisement banners are aligned with the heading “Welcome to Nexus E-com Enterprises”.
Recommendation: Home Page: Align advertisement banners to be top justified with text block, not the heading.

Description of issue: Navigation bar: Text is not aligned consistently.
Recommendation: Navigation bar: Left align heading text

Description of issue: 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed icon has a white background, and therefore, does not blend with the page.
Recommendation: Make 100% satisfaction icon background transparent so that only the logo shows up, not the white background.

Description of issue: Wi-Fi details uses left justified list, but centered heading.
Recommendation: Use same alignment, not mix. Either left justified or centered. I’d advise left due to the list.

Description of issue:
Contact Information and Company Information address: Address is jumbled together and has commas.
Recommendation: Format mailing address to be more readable by formatting so it appears as it would on a physical letter.

Description of issue: Navigation Bar: Search engines link under E-commerce & Tutoring is broken.
Recommendation: Fix the link to make work.

Sincerely,
Mike

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Thanks for the review!!!

Will make the changes!!

cheers

Steelheart

Steelheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
No problem, I'm glad to be of assistance. I know how it is hard to be objective when you are at the ground level on a particular project.

Mike

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i would love you to have done a review on my site but the host (britishhost) has been down for 7 weeks now, plus im scared you will find so much wrong with it
lol

Steelheart

Steelheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

i would love you to have done a review on my site but  the host (britishhost) has been down for 7 weeks now, plus im scared you will find so much wrong with it
lol

View Post

Lol, well that's a particular talent I have, unfortunately. In a lot of instances it is a curse, because people think that I am picking at them. In this case it is useful as things just kind of jump out at me. As I indicated to sunny, I'm here to help people and make a positive contribution. My feelings won't be hurt if the reviewee does not implement my changes, but it would be nice. :tazz: The designer is the one who knows what impact and audience that they are trying to reach, I'm just going from a generic standpoint. In sunny's case, they are trying to reach potential customers for technical work. I happened to know something about this, having been a PC tech for a very long time.

So let me know if you would like me to review your site once it comes back up or you make alternate plans, I'd be glad to.

Mike

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i doubt its ever going to come back up britishhost are b***stards they keep taking money from my bank but im not getting the use of my site. 7 weeks is annoying and i wanna cry its that bad. plus there isnt anything to review on my site it only consists of about 8 different pages containing stupid stuff about bmx

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Nice site you have there Mr.Sunny. What did you use? :tazz:

sunny441

sunny441

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
i was hoping yu could tell me that COBHCF