Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connectivity Issues - Been searching Forums, still no answer!

• Please log in to reply

Dave01

Dave01

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This is my first post here guys, and would really appreciate any help or guidance anyone might be willing to provide. I'm fairly comfortable with building and fixing PCs but this problem seems to just elude me something awful.

- My cable interet seems to be 'timing' out every 30 minutes or so. It will be doing fine one second, then just competely disabled the next. I play a lot of online games like World of Warcraft, and it's getting really annoying getting booted every 30 minutes.

Now, I can minimize WOW, and disable then enable my connection in 'Network Connections' and it goes back to working fine again for another say 30 minutes. Now, I reformat and keep my computer up regularly so I know for a fact it's not any spyware or 3rd party software highjacking anything. I'm also NOT behidn a router or any hub. I'm straight from modem to computer.

Now when I look in the system folder when I run eventvwr I see these errors exactly -

-The IP address lease 68.186.178.49 for the Network Card with network address 00E018998877 has been denied by the DHCP server 68.114.39.2 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

AND

-The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

Now, like I said even in the log it appears I'm getting these errors EXACTLY 30 minutes after I enabled my internet connection back after manually disabling it. What gives? When I check my lease time by doing ipconfig /all the lease doesn't say it expires until sometimes an hour from when it was obtained, and sometimes DAYS from when it was obtained. That doesn't seem to be having anything to do with it, does it? Anyway, thanks a BUNCH for any help guys!

Advertisements

Dave01

Dave01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anyone? :whistling:

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
http://www.speedguide.net/

there are a few tweaks there that will help with connection speed. allso a good download for TCP optimizer.