Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D drive disappeared.

• Please log in to reply

drivenbyfate

drivenbyfate

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I was using a playstation emulator a long time ago, and every time a played a game with it my D icon would disappear from My Computer afterwards. I used system restore to fix it and everything was fine. Well recently my computer got some bad spyware, and I used system restore to again and ran a bunch of spyware/virus scans and removed the problem. The problem though, I restored on to a date where my D drive was erased. So I want to know if there is any way I can get the D drive back without system restoring so that I don't have to run the scans again. When I put a disk in, the computer reads it but auto-play does not pop up, and the D drive icon is not in my computer. Please help!

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hello and welcome, to g's2go.

if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
  • Go Here and get the CDGone patch.
  • This will download CDGone.zip.
  • Save this file to your desktop.
  • Now Double click on CDGone.zip to open the file.
  • Extract the files contained in the Zip file to your desktop or somewhere else that's easy to find.
  • Right click on CDgone.reg and choose Merge.
Did your cdrom come back?

drivenbyfate

drivenbyfate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I tried the CD gone method and it didn't show up. But after I restarted my computer a couple times the drive is suddenly there. Thank you a lot! It seems to be working fine now.

A couple weeks later I had this happen again. The patch worked great. Just did what you said and restarted and everything works fine now.

Edited by drivenbyfate, 30 December 2006 - 11:51 AM.