Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ending programs and starting programs

• Please log in to reply

Fermen

Fermen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Two weeks ago when i decided to update my MSN Messenger. After that problems started.

First the new messenger version didn't co-operate with me properly so i decided to uninstall it and try again, thought it was some sort of an install error

After reinstalling it worked fine but when i tried to turn off a game (sims 2 ;p) it wouldn't go off. First came up the end program window, pressed end program but nothing happened. Went to task manager but the program just wouldn't turn off. I tried to shutdown my computer but that didn't workout cause the program wouldn't turn off. I had to brutally force my computer to shutdown by ripping the power cord right off :whistling:

Anyways, that's how it has been for two weeks now. Every second program does that and i dunno why. Some turn off nicely, some don't. I've run atleast 3 different malware scanners through and i've checked for viruses as well and i think the computer is clean of those now.

the other problem that i encountered yesterday was even more bothersome. I ran Ewido's full system scan, it found a few tracking cookies and i deleted them. Tried to start a program (bitcomet) and nothing happened. Checked task manager and there it was. the program was on but not on. it jammed even before it started. Started checking out other programs and it seems that this happens with every c++ based program..

please, help me, i'm desperate. I really dunno what's wrong but i was hoping you guys would.

(sorry about the incoherence, just.. im not sure how to say exactly what's wrong with my pc in english ;'/ )

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello Fermen,
I think that you should follow these steps and then post a HJT log in the malware section. Running Malware scanners does not neccessarily clean your pc 100%, GTG experts will :whistling:

Alan

Edited by alandemartino, 27 March 2006 - 09:45 AM.