Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Espon CX3810 won't work

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Okay so I installed the driver and windows said it installed correctly but apparently not cause i keep getting the install driver thing. But the printer is in the toolbar. Also it has ink in it, but says it doesnt,and now I cant print. Im desperate so please help me.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Drumbum667!

Some thoughts:

1) How does the printer connect - via USB? If so, try different USB ports on your computer.
2) It says it doesn't have ink, when you have put it in, so try taking the cartridges out and reinserting them.
3) Completely disconnect the printer, uninstall all Epson related software, reboot and try again.
4) If this is a new printer, can you take it back and exchange it?

Cheers :)

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
No its rather old but its the only one that actually had a driver supported by Vista. I uninstalled everything. Ill unplug
reboot it and try it again. And yes its USB. I hope something works.

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Epson Stylus CX3810 Drivers Windows

Important: After installing this printer driver, please be sure to download and install the TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility before connecting this unit to your computer

http://www.epson.com...latform=Windows

Printer Driver v6.5aAs
Windows Vista 32-bit Edition
epson12218.exe - 6.5MB - posted on 03/13/07

This self-extracting file contains the Epson Stylus CX3800 and CX3810 Printer Driver for Windows Vista 32-bit Edition (Printer Driver v6.5aAs, Core Driver Disk v6.50). The Epson Status Monitor 3 is incorporated into this driver. This file self-extracts to your hard drive and is placed in C:\epson\epson12218_printer_driver_650aas.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
none of that helped.