Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FKP error message wont go away

• Please log in to reply

MissyLu

MissyLu

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Some time ago I had a issue with this computer and did something that fixed the particular problem. The result was this FKP thing. The error message won't go away and I don't know what it has to do with. This is what is says:

The path 'FKP: 1' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'oasihoiuhrihew27272bn[1].msi' in a folder from which you can install the product FKP.

and a second message:

The feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'oasihoiuhrihew27272bn[1].msi' in the box below.

Use source:

Please advise. Thanks.
Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
When exactly are you getting that error?

MissyLu

MissyLu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
First, my apologies for the delay in getting back to this;

secondly, it appears when I've rebooted and won't go away easily. It is gone right now but when I had to restart this morning it was back though I was able to make it close after repeatedly hitting the cancel button.

Jayman01

Jayman01

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
The file extension .msi refers to a Windows Installer file. Have you installed any programs just before this happened the first time, can you remember? I've been googling (crazy, nothing gives me direct pointers) and what I'd guess so far without more knowledge than what you've given me, is that a package was to be configured upon reboot, and is missing some link. FKP MAY stand for Fuzzy Kohonen Partitioning, but I can't be sure. It seems to do with networks, and compressing data for smaller bandwidth usage.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suspect, your computer may be infected.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

MissyLu

MissyLu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Back in September I had some issue that I posted here in another thread. After it was all done, this happened. I was thinking that part of a file got deleted, causing this new issue.

I'll go to the other forum suggested and see what they have to say.

Thanks