Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorites icons keep "disappearing"

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I know, this seems like a minor problem, but it's getting tiresome jsut to get the icons back by re-saving the website...

Anyway, in my favorites folder of IE6, my icons keep dissappearing.

Like I have Geekstogo.com stored as one of my favorites, with the icon being the red "G" logo, but at times when I log onto the internet, that logo is replaced with the IE page symbol.

Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Long standing bug of Internet Explorer since Internet Explorer 5 came out. And it still hasn't been fixed seven years later.

In theory this issue should have been fixed with Internet Explorer 6, but to no avail. If trends are to be followed with MS, it still won't be fixed in Internet Explorer 7. In fact it took until IE6 for this browser to propery work with stuff it introduced itself with IE4.

You could always switch to Firefox which doesn't suffer from this issue, and it'll import all your bookmarks.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i second that! :whistling:
James