Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fingerprint Authentication

• Please log in to reply

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Hi, I needed a new mouse for my computer. So, I went to the shop and had a look around and bought a fancy mouse with a fingerprint authentication thingy.

I installed the mouse no problem, but I've had nothing but trouble using the software which came with it which actually reads my fingerprint and authenticates me. It won't recognise my fingerprint properly, doesn't log me on at the logon prompt and doesn't activate the device I'm using sometimes.

Does anybody know of any (free) Fingerprint authentication software out there that I can use? (I'm currently using CanSecu). I've downloaded Microsoft DigitalPersona, but I've not installed it yet. I'll post back later to tell you how that goes.

One last thing, does anybody know if I can use it in conjunction with Firefox's password manager? (If so, how do you do that?)

Michael

Edited by o2mcgovem, 02 June 2006 - 11:44 AM.

Advertisements

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Just installed the DigitalPersona software, well... sorta did. The necessary files were copied over fine and then it asked me to plug in the fingerprint reader. I plugged in the mouse, but it didn't recognise it.

I think it might be because this works only for Microsoft mice and keyboards. I hope not, because the software looks good from what I've seen in the help file. It allows you to log in to webpages too.

Whenever I launch the program, an error message saying "Catastrophic Error" comes up. :whistling:

Michael

Edited by o2mcgovem, 02 June 2006 - 11:42 AM.