Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Green AV [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

snickers

snickers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I tried to uninstall combofix and typed in the command Combofix /u but got a message that windows can not find combofix. I don't see it on my desktop, and the last time when I had to run it a second time it disappeared from the desktop and had to redownload it, so maybe it is not there anymore.

Is Windows Defender definitely running on my system, because when I click on the application it says file not found? Can I still install spyware guard for real time protection if the Windows Defender is running?

I'm not sure which are the blocked start up programs. When I click on show or remove blocked startup programs, the system comfiguration start up menu has the following programs unchecked:
Adobe Acrobat
Arc Service
ArcSoft Con
ATICCC
ECenter
Google Desktop
Itunes
Lexmark Printer
Quicktime
But, when I click on run blocked program, Malwarebytes is the only one to show up.

Advertisements

CatByte

CatByte

GeekU Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 2,705 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

I'm not the best person to ask about Vista to be honest - I just clean up malware.

I think it would be best to start a new topic in our Vista Forum and ask the tech's there how best to have your settings.

You do have Windows Defender on your system, so that too is probably a setting.

Link back to this topic so the tech's can see you are clean of malware.

snickers

snickers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
On the Vista forum, I was able to resolve the problem about Windows Defender and now am able to open the file. I just wanted to verify about the following antispyware programs that I now have and if they are okay together and set up okay:
Spyware Guard - with realtime scanning and download protection enabled
Spyware Blaster- I just disabled the protection so as not to cause conflict
Windows Defender- real time protection turned off
Malware Bytes
LavaSoft Adaware

Thanks again for the help.

CatByte

CatByte

GeekU Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 2,705 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

Yes you should be good with what you have. Test the programs for a while, they are easily removed if you don't like them together,

Glad you were able to resolve all the other issues.

stay safe :)

~CB

CatByte

CatByte

GeekU Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 2,705 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.