Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP

• Please log in to reply

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
my keyboard isnt responding on start up and on start up my computer wont do memory test, it just stops after processor.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Helo, let me see if I can try to assist you.

What type of keyboard do you have???? USB???

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Helo, let me see if I can try to assist you.

What type of keyboard do you have???? USB???

i have USB and the normal one, and ive tryed both keyboards, but my computer keeps freezing on start up

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, try put in the normal one (ps2), you say it doesnt do a memory test, make sure your RAM is in the slots correctly.

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Ok, try put in the normal one (ps2), you say it doesnt do a memory test, make sure your RAM is in the slots correctly.

i have checked but ill check again, i have a feeling its the ram cus this has happned be4 except i dont remeber how i fixed it.. :tazz:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
How many RAM chips do you have, if you have two or more try and swap them around and put them into diffrent slots, aswell try (if you have a compressor) blow the slots with some air and the whole mother board to get rid of most of the dust. Let me know what happens and if it works.

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

How many RAM chips do you have, if you have two or more try and swap them around and put them into diffrent slots, aswell try (if you have a compressor) blow the slots with some air and the whole mother board to get rid of most of the dust. Let me know what happens and if it works.

k i tryed the ram thing and the ram isnt the problem, i think my computer cant read the hard drives, i hope i didnt screw them up :tazz: , i tryed putting in a dif hard drive and it still freezes. i get a beep on start up saying everything is ok, and the lights are lit on the drivers... so..... help?! plz