Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion a6750f Desktop PC

• Please log in to reply

windowtintman

windowtintman

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hopefully someone can help. This is an awesome computer! I have had great success with it until the other night. I logged off, put it into sleep mode, then went to bed. Now it will not boot. It tries, going thru the initial startup - Fans running, CD spins, Hard Drive starts to click, click, click - all as usual, and then it's like the Hard Drive doesn't go any farther. Display will not come on so I cannot check the bios.

I pulled the Hard Drive and checked it by plugging a cable adapter from Ultra into it to see if the drive was bad. It works great as a USB drive - all the files were easily accessible and it works just fine.

Should I replace the Motherboard? It's a MSI MS-7548 (Aspen)

Here is the system I have (I have upgraded to Win7 home premium 64 bit)

http://www.tigerdire...03SHIP-_-03ship

Please help. :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Had for 3 months

I suggest, you call HP.

windowtintman

windowtintman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
That's no help. It's a refurb

angelicscar

angelicscar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Display will not come on so I cannot check the bios.

you said you have no display. have you check the cables connecting your monitor to the cpu? if the monitor has power, what is the color of the led light? is it orange? if yes, try replacing your monitor.