Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard disk problem

• Please log in to reply

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Recently I replaced my new hard disk and tried to boot my PC from my previous hard disk for some work. It did not boot. But now when I replaced it with the new one, now, my pc sometimes show a 'CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR-Defaults loaded' msg at startup. Also, sometimes cpu beeps PC freezes at welcome screen. When I restart the system time changes to initial time((Jan 2000, 12:00)). Please help me out.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to clear the BIOS by doing this:Disconnect the power cable from the back of the computer. Open the side cover and carefully take out the cmos battery (looks like a silvery button). Keep it out for about 15 minutes. Reinstall and reboot. You will probably get a checksome error or some other notification. If you do, enter BIOS and set time and date, save the new values and let the computer boot. There are computers in which other keys have to be used to enter BIOS. You can find the correct key when looking at the screen right after pressing the start button. Look for what key you have to press to enter setup.

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
THANK YOU VERY MUCH