Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hitman Blood Money Not Launching

• Please log in to reply

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i i double click on the 'Launch Hitman Blood Money' icon it comes up with an error message

Pop up title - HitmanBloodMoney.exe - Unable To Locate Component
Message - This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-instaling the application may fix this problem

The button says OK and is the only one

Any idea on what to do because i really want to play this game that i just got! :blink:
Ive repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled 2 or 3 times and the same message keeps coming up :help:

Can anyone shed any light on muy situation :whistling:
Thanks
Killi

Advertisements

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Here is my suggestion

Download MSVCR71.dll from the site below, unrar/zip C:/Windows/System32 Folder

http://www.dll-files.com/

Then open up a command prompt and type regsvr32 MSVCR71.dll.

Game Over :whistling:

Note: The latest Hitman games required Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime library, make sure its updated in your systems...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
uninstall the game then go herehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=25ae0cd6-783b-4968-a841-38a2743307d9&DisplayLang=en and download and install vcredist_x86.exe. (it will ask you for a location to exctract 2 files...the license agreement and the readme...doesn't matter whrere you put those) also...go to windows update and get all the most current updates for your system...the dll you mentioned is a windows runtime file and might get replaced with an update to the .net framework

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
dsenette your suggestion doesnt seem to work.
and humminn, im just about ot try yours :whistling:

Killi

Killi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5009).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.c...m=module&c=5009 for further, more detailed information.

I know get this after i used your suggestions...hummin yous is the one that worked

humminn

humminn

I post links to websites I get a commission from

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
IF you had daemon tools running. Just unmount the file that you have mounted... click on the unmount image button and it should be fine.

Well here is what i Found in detail

Problem:
"Potential Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected or "Virtual drive has been detected on your machine."

Solution:
The error may occur if one of the emulation software listed below is installed on your computer.

Alcohol 120%, Blind Write, Daemon Tools, Game Jack, Clone CD,
Game Jackal, Xoom Game Clone, CD Space, Virtual 7 CD, Fantom CD or Anti Blacxx

Please either disable or completely uninstall the following programs to resolve the problem.

Daemon Tools, Clone CD, Alcohol 120% and some versions of Nero.

In order to play F.E.A.R you must disable the emulator from trying to circumvent the copy protection.

Below is a list of instructions for how to do this with Alcohol 120%, Clone CD and Daemon Tools:

Alcohol 120%

Start Alcohol and go to the Emulation Options.
Select "Emulation" from the options tree. Uncheck the "Ignore Media
Types" box to turn off the media type emulation.
Select "Extra Emulation" from the options tree. Uncheck the "BAD Sectors
Emulation" to turn off this type of emulation, exit Alcohol 120% and
restart the game.

CloneCD

Look on your task bar at the bottom right of your screen (next to the
clock). Locate the CloneCD tray icon, which can be a picture of two
CD-ROMs or of a sheep?s head. Right Click on the icon and make sure
"Hide CD-R media" is un-ticked. Restart the game application.

Daemon Tools

Right Click on the Daemon Tools icon in the Task Bar.
Select the Emulation tab.
Deselect Safedisc.

Nero 6

Please refer to the manual and help files of the Nero 6 software to uninstall Nero Imagedrive.

Launch Nero ImageDrive from Nero StartSmart and go into ´Expert mode´.
Go to ´Extras´ and click on "Mount a Disc Image".
When the Nero ImageDrive window opens, at the bottom left of the window there is an option to "Disable Nero Image Drive".
Also you can go to ´Start --> All Programs --> Nero --> Nero 6 --> Nero ImageDrive´ and when the Nero ImageDrive utility launches select "Disable Nero ImageDrive" from the bottom left of the window.

If the issue still remains unresolved, please see the web address below to how to send Analysis file to Securom support for further investigation:

http://www.securom.c...p?msg=emulation