Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a G2G tech to read my logs + give me a Clean bill of health bef

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Thechosenone

Thechosenone

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Sorry new to talking on or with forums let me apologize in advance if I am in the wrong place or if i am giving too much or not enough info. I realized your all very busy and I will try to take up as little of your time as possible. Ok this is where I am at: On Apr 16 2009, 10:27 AM I made a post
New MB and HD on HP Pavilion 762N No Windows XP CD back up on D drive,, Dont know how to back up from D drive system files infected on C

He ( the 1st G2G Tech) told me I was in the wrong place well you can read for your self at http://www.geekstogo...ve-t235866.html
After he took pitty on me, he said ( the 1st G2G Tech) needed to link this topic to that and I don't know how. So here is the URL
Basically had a new MB and new HD installed. Having some problems with windows, cant reinstall because it my comp did not come with a CD only windows backed up on d drive. I am clueless on how to work it. I Has opened an exe file that tried to take over, I immediately shut down my pc and went looking for help on another. I read they malware guides, but it said to make sure you do a system restore first, which is why I wrote in the first place could not because of the new MB and new HB Long story short the G2G tech told me to follow it anyway, and to post my results here. If I am clean and can get someone here to say so, than he will help me with my other problems.

If I am clean and you do give me the pass I need to go back, could you also tell me how to post this log there? If I am not clean, could you please tell me what I did wrong, and what I need to do to make it right. Thank you so very much for your help and your time. I appreciate it more than I can say. God bless you and yours, Lorraine

PS I will now upload my logs

Attached Files

Advertisements

Thechosenone

Thechosenone

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry these are the rest of the files I think I am supposed to post. If this is not right or you need more please let me know. Thanks again. Blessings to you and yours, L

Attached Files

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Hello Thechosenone

welcome to this part of the forums :) and sorry to keep you waiting.

firstly, could you copy and paste all logs in your replies, dont attach them unless i indicate otherwise. thanks.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

also:

Download OTListIt to your desktop.
  • Close all windows and open it by double clicking on the icon
  • we are targetting a selective output, hence:
    • on the left hand side, in the box titled "Processes" select none
    • on the left hand side, in the box titled "Drivers" select none
    • on the left hand side, in the box titled "Extra Registry" select none
    • on the right hand side, in the box titled "Files created within" select none
    • on the right hand side, in the box titled "Files modified within" select none
    • tick both the boxes marked Purity check and Lop check
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce one log for you called OTListIt.txt. Please post both that log here in reply.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all on the forum

The text from these files may exceed the maximum post length for this forum. Hence, you may need to post the information over 2 or more posts.

andrewuk

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.