Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE & Messenger - No Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

nsv2

nsv2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay Where To Start..

Well A Week Ago I Tried Logging Onto My MSN, But It Told Me It Couldnt Connect, So Naturally I TroubleShooted The Problem And Tried To Get It To Repair Itself,

But It Told Me It Couldnt Repair The Problem. And That There Is No Internet Access,

After A Few More Attempts Restarting, Shutting down, I Uninstalled The Whole Thing.

Today Thinking It Might Have Just Been A Bug, I Downloaded It Again.

Now First Time I Just Downloaded The Messenger, Downloaded Fast And With No Problems, Went To Install And It Came Up With An Error Telling Me Messenger Needed Internet Connection To Continue With The Installation.

Now I Generally Use Mozilla FireFox As My Main Browser, But I Opened Up IE And It Wouldnt Load A Web Page, Was Telling Me That The Was No Internet Connection, So If Upgraded IE And Now It Wont Load, Only Crashes Half Way Though.

Ive Looked Through My Firewall And Made Sure Both MSN live And Internet Explorer And Added To The Allow List.

I've Kinda Hit A Dead End....If Anyone Could Help Me That Would Be Great.

Also Im Using Windows 7 Ultimate On A Wireless Network

My Firefox Works Perfectly...

Thank You Sean

Ps, Ive Done Virus Scans And My Laptops Clear... But My AVG Wont Load...At All And It Wont Let Me Download & Install Mcaffe Virus Scan Either.

Advertisements

nsv2

nsv2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Problem Still Here... Ive Tried Everything...Even Looked All Over The Net For Help...

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
Funny, I'm having the exact same issue... I'll be watching this thread.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to geeks to go

I have seen this problem lately. Try this. I believe it will work, but you never know.

in IE click on Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings

make sure the computer is set to automatically detect the settings and that the box on the bottom "proxy setting" isn't ticked. Unless of course you are using a proxy.

That has been the fix I have been using on multiple computers.

Good luck

ColtsFan18

ColtsFan18

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
We that fixed that issue for me, now if I could fix the other issue I'd be set... Well I'll be darned, that fixed ALL my uploading issues.

Edited by ColtsFan18, 19 May 2010 - 08:41 AM.

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Glad it worked, love to help!!!
have a great day

RARA99

RARA99

• Pip
  • 1 posts
cbarbard you are awsome!!! I have been looking everywhere to fix this problem. I joined just to let you know THANK YOU!!!!