Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...corrupt RAM?

• Please log in to reply

Adzi

Adzi

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, basically i've been stuck for 3 days now, Everytime i try to load up battlefield 2 i recieve IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on the blue screen of death followed by a load of stop numbers. I've been told its corrupt memory. I have 2x 512mb sticks, i've run MemTest for about an hour and no errors, im just stuck, i have no idea what to do. Some kind generous soul please help me !

Not sure if this helps...
Posted Image

Edited by Adzi, 23 September 2005 - 02:07 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It may not be corrupt memory, at least not hardware. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means that an application with a lower priority is trying to take CPU time away from an application with higher priority. The higher priority process may be an important system application that the machine can't run without, so Windows may not allow it to happen.

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
so what can i do to fix the problem?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Go through the troubleshooting steps in the following M$-KB article:
http://support.micro...=314063&sd=RMVP

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok currently im in the process of repairing windows, unfortunatly my graphics card seems to have developed a problem and cuts out around the 3 MINS left stage, PAGE_ERROR_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

luckily im still under warrenty...

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok so basically windows files were corrupt, so i've loaded windows onto my slave and currently thats running fine.

My slave is 160gb and master 80gb, so how do i convert the master to the slave? is it just a simple case of copying the files over or is more needed? i know i need to flip the jumper!

Thanks for all the help so far :tazz:

Edited by Adzi, 26 September 2005 - 12:16 PM.