Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I NEED HELP [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

cmrodrig

cmrodrig

• Pip
  • 4 posts
It seams that Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is becoming very popular.
My error message:

+++
Server=watson.microsoft.com
UI LCID=2070
Flags=1671504
Brand=WINDOWS
TitleName=Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
ErrorText=Se estava a trabalhar em algo, a informação que estava a utilizar pode ser perdida.
Stage1URL=
Stage1URL=/StageOne/svchost_exe/5_1_2600_2180/unknown/0_0_0_0/031cf7b5.htm
Stage2URL=
Stage2URL=/dw/stagetwo.asp?szAppName=svchost.exe&szAppVer=5.1.2600.2180&szModName=unknown&szModVer=0.0.0.0&offset=031cf7b5
DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\RICARD~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER2807.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp|C:\DOCUME~1\RICARD~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER2807.dir00\appcompat.txt
Heap=C:\DOCUME~1\RICARD~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER2807.dir00\svchost.exe.hdmp
ErrorSubPath=svchost.exe\5.1.2600.2180\unknown\0.0.0.0\031cf7b5
DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\RICARD~1\DEFINI~1\Temp\WER2807.dir00
---

Like milanboy, I've got a Portuguese ErrorText string, but in my case, I'm using Windows Xp Sp2, Portuguese version.

I found strange that "milanboy" got the same ErrorText but aparently his OS language is not Portuguese?

This error appear when I swap my graphic card with my son's.
On my Pc everything was Ok, but then this error on his Pc.

Now, another clue: On the "error" PC we have an embed sound card (HW in the motherboard) and also a Creative sound card.

When this error cames, the sound system reports that he doesn't have any sound device, but the sound still works.

Maybe some imcompatibility?

But I run msinfo32 to check for conflits and didn't find them.

I'm wondering if "milanboy" has solved his problem.

Any expert could help more?

Kind regards,

Candido from Portugal

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go Candido. Please start a new topic. It's too confusing for the original poster, and for our staff to help two people in the same topic.

milanboy

milanboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
eu tinha esse problema e consegui resolver com instalaçao do sp2 para o home edition mas fiquei com problema no cpu é ke so uma coluna funciona mas nao sei tem a ver com problema pois o meu pc levou uma motherboard nova se tiveres a soluçao avisa mas o meu problema do generic ficava resolvido quando ligava a firewall do xp

ja sabes alguma coisa tou noo msn [email protected]

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You'll have to translate it to English. Sorry. Took French and Latin in high school and college.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
From translate.google.com:

I had this problem and obtained to decide with instalaçao of sp2 for home edition but I was with problem in cpu is ke so a column functions but nao I know has to see with problem therefore my PC took one motherboard new you will have soluçao informs but my problem of generic was decided when it bound firewall of xp

Don't you just love those machine translations? <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Possible solution received via email:

Geeks,

Here is the solution for this trouble..... It’s NOT A VIRUS, Its just bad values SvcHost refering to.....in registery and believe me it’s a simple fix.

Disclaimer: Working with regedit is hazardous to your computer; making any changes to the registry could result in serious data loss.

OK…. Ready for It J

Click Start and choose Run …

Type regedit and click OK.

This open Registry Editor…

Navigate your way to following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost

At this point you should see imgsvc in right column.

Right Click on imgsvc and select Modify, Under Value Data if you have any values, DELETE it. (make a note of it, any case if it don’t work for you and you wish to put it back as it) field should be empty. Click OK and close it.

Right click again on imgsvc and select Modify Binary data, Value Data if you have any values more than four zeros. (0 0 0 0), DELETE it. (make a note of it, any case if it don’t work for you and you wish to put it back as it) field should have only default value of four zeros. Click OK and close it.

Close Registry Editor and Restart your computer.

Error should disappear. <_< Error has to do with Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service. Which could be linked to installing or uninstalling any graphic software or Image device drivers.

Have Fun… since you don’t have to do fresh installed of XP….NOW..!

- Just Another Geek... :D)

milanboy

milanboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i didint work i still have just one side of the soud device working , i dont no if this problem coud be off i have just put a new motherbord and after this when the cpu came off the assistent the cpu catch the generic host process for 32 win and after that i just have one side of de soud device working correctly i have try many types of collums but the result is the same olny the rigth side is working

cmrodrig

cmrodrig

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the tip.
I've just solved my problem, formating the disk where XP was installed.
Anyway, next occasion it should arise, I'll try your recommendation.

"milanboy" did you succed with your problem?

Regards to all
<_<

DirtyDingus

DirtyDingus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

View Post

:tazz:

DirtyDingus

DirtyDingus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

View Post

I apologize for the prior entry. I'm new-but I'll learn.

I want to thank you folks for being here. I had the same problem as MilanBoy, the generic Win Host Process for Win Services. My error message was exactly the same as CMRODRIG reported. The email solution sent to Admin by "Just Another Geek" hit a home run. My problem came about when I upgraded to SP2 (I think). XP and the driver for my NVIDIA GeForce MX/MX400 do not mix and match-proper driver is a Win2000 driver, so I had to uninstall driver and reinstall (a couple of times until I found the correct driver). And there the problem began. I wish I'd known about Just Another Geek's reply before I did a complete reinstall of XP (which didn't help because I let XP install the video driver-so the problem continued.

Anyway, thanks to all. I think if I just stay quiet and read a lot of the posts, I just might learn something.

:tazz: DirtyDingus

Advertisements