Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected with a RAT [Solved]

• Please log in to reply

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Nope that won't be necessary. Run this tool instead:

Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select:
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select:
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 10 in the 1 to 20 box
    Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log. Please post the Output log in your next reply

Advertisements

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Nope that won't be necessary. Run this tool instead:

Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:

• Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select:
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select:
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 10 in the 1 to 20 box
    Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log. Please post the Output log in your next reply

I did exactly what you told me to do but a message came up saying it couldn't find VEW.txt in c:/ so it asked if I would like to make one, I click yes and when I try to save it says I need to be an administator (which I am). The notepad file that I tried to save had no text in it however.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Do you get a bluescreen when your computer crashes? When was the last time it crashed?

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Do you get a bluescreen when your computer crashes? When was the last time it crashed?

I do not get BSOD's and the last time it crashed was yesterday.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
What happens when the computer crashes?

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
The screen looks very static (like gray and black mixed together and those colors "moving and mixing" along the screen" if that made sense..and then restarts my computer.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is in the top two circles in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is in the top two circles in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Sorry, how exactly do I run the program? I went through all the tabs to see a way of running it and was unsuccessful. I am using windows 7. Here's the picture of the program:

Posted Image

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Sorry, I thought you were using Vista. From what I can see there, you may have an overheating problem. Is this a laptop?

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Sorry, I thought you were using Vista. From what I can see there, you may have an overheating problem. Is this a laptop?

Yes, it is a laptop.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
I think it would be better if one of the techies took a look at your computer at this point. I suggest you go to the Windows 7 forum and create a new topic there with a brief description of your issue. Tell them I sent you there and that your machine is malware free, and one of them will get back to you soon.

Pookani

Pookani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Alright thank you :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Topic opened at starters request.

I desperately need this topic re-opened please and thank you.