Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Exploxer connection problem

• Please log in to reply

TP_Greenock

TP_Greenock

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My laptop is connecting to either my mobile broadband or a BT wireless connection but Internet Explorer cannot display anypages.

The mobile broadband shows 0% signal, but i've tried this on another machine (the one I'm on now) and it's OK.

Any ideas as to why I can't get on internet?

PS. I was trying to uninstall Norton around the time this happened and might have removed something?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Similar problem, difference network.

Might try same and run the Network Connection Wizard as or open Network Connections in Control Panel and make sure it wasn't Disabled.

TP_Greenock

TP_Greenock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Have tried that and still no joy.

The mobile broadband now shows 98% signal though, but the statistics screen shows now download speed?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you let Windows try to repair the IP address? Navigating Windows Vista to repair IP