Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue with Booting and Display of Desktop [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jaswantpurba

jaswantpurba

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Admin

Hope you are doing good.

Here is my issue. I am using win XP with regularly updated antivirus suite from Symantec.

I surf moderate quantities and qualities of websites. This week my system refuse to startup and shows message of some severe error either in hard disk or some virus problem and ask me to restart my system.

I tried to restart my machine in normal mode, safe mode , safe mode with command prompt but nothing worked out.

So then I set my CMOS settings to default and try again and it start up. I want to highlight I did not change CMOS settings and
1. Here is my concern if some changes happened who did it ?
2. My computer is going significantly slow, is it virus?
3. I am facing major issues with display, processing of display is either very slow(when I switch from one program to another like from IE to some other program)
4. Sometimes my desktop items will disappear and automatically come back after some time or after restart.
5. is there any chance of cookie tracking on my system ?

I read your start guide and did all the steps as mentioned on the guide. I am posting latest logs from the different tools for your reference(I did not find any attachment option so I posted results of the logs in open message, please suggest for the next time).

Please go through and suggest what can be the issue and remediation.

I wish you a wonderful and productive day ahead.

Best Regards

Jaswant

Attached Files

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there and sorry for the delay I will need a fresh look at your system and what are your current symptoms

To ensure that I get all the information this log will need to be attached (instructions at the end) if it is to large to attach then upload to Mediafire and post the sharing link.

Download OTS to your Desktop
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Double-click on OTS.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users
  • Check the box that says 64 bit
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • File - Lop Check
    • File - Purity Scan
    • Evnt - EvtViewer (last 10)
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.