Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Problem?

• Please log in to reply

Bomberofdoom

Bomberofdoom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

I'm replying to this thread since it's the only thread that I found in the internet that is a close description to my errors.

Even though it was suggested to move this topic to another forum, I would like to still reply in this topic, and I am hoping to recieve some answeres.

So apparently I've accidently stumbled into a website that has been attacked by malware and just by visting the site I've been infected (I never sieze to learn... :) ).

These are the syptoms I get from this virus/malware:

- Services32.dll shutdown call by NT something
- Error messages: mset.exe encoutered a problem and must shutdown. - happens at startup and when opening applications (i.e. internet explorer) and the applications crash.
- Data Execution Prevention errors.
- mset.exe Application Error: The instruction at "0x000000000" referenced at memory...."
- Computer won't restart nor shutdown in normal mode, works fine in safe mode.
- Computer somtimes gets slow.
- Safe mode ok, but Ad-Aware and spybot didn't do much to clean up the error.
- Possible VGod worm doing the trouble? Ad-Aware said it found some, though I remember deleting those before :)

I appreciate any help given.

P.S.
Should I try to give HijackThis log?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,
I'm not quite sure when it was "suggested" you move your topic into another forum as you have only one post here at GTG.

In any case, any OP that suspects Malware is asked to post into the Malware Forum. Please do so, as any other problems with your computer will not be addressed by this forum until your machine is deemed "clean" by the Malware folks.

Please create a post in the Malware Forum and be sure to go HERE and follow the directions first.

P.S.
Should I try to give HijackThis log?

This forum no longer uses HJT logs. Please do not post any logs unless specifically asked to do so.