Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mysterious Window After User Log Off...

• Please log in to reply

Chaze

Chaze

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Here's a quick summary of whats been going on for the past few days...
Every time I log off my pc (Win XP) I get this window with funny characters that can't be read. I've created multiple users, and I still get the same window after logging off. It appears to be a normal window (white w/blue bar on top), characters on the upper left hand corner( blue bar) and inside the upperleft hand corner of the page. It can't be minimized/closed, etc. but there is an "OK" tab on the bottom which I never clicked. This window only comes up when I log off, not when I shutdown.

I went to use my PC,...realized 90% of my icons had changed and the exe files will not execute.
Ran Ad Aware, and deleted critical objects that came up.
Did Housecall scan,..came up witha virus (java byte verify),...deleted it, did multiple scans afterwards, and it seemed cleared.
I can't click on the shortcut links in the desktop,.. but if I dbl click the prog in program files, it seems to work fine (it didnt work when I tried before).
I've imported numerous fixes into the registry( I can only get to the reg. thru cmd prompt) and the exe files still wont work on my desktop.
Decided to do Spybot scan,..it came up with ISearchtech.Power Scan,... fixed check, rebooted, and still have the same problem.
Did a Clean Up scan and I still have the same problem.
I can't get on the web in two out of the six user names.
I've posted numerous Hijack/ Ad aware logs and I still cant get this thing cleared up.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Edited by Chaze, 29 June 2005 - 11:05 PM.

Advertisements

Chaze

Chaze

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Anyone??

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts