Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I NEED HELP wilderssecurity suggested this site

• Please log in to reply

Jacob_Hollis

Jacob_Hollis

• Pip
  • 7 posts
sorry guys, i cant find out where to put this thread.
i just recently been having problems and posted it at wilderssecurity.com they said to come here you guys can help.
this is what i posted there.

Hey, I am 14 years old, so sorry my knowledge is minimum.
I've been working on fixing my computer, every time i pressed enter my programs would close, and i couldnt open ie explorer, they were viruses so i cleaned that up.
i used AVG, afterwards i had to restart.now i booted my computer up, and try to play the game i love, 9dragons. but for some reason it says, open with.
and gives me a list i try to go to the file inwhich its targeted to to open with that, but it wont work. all my files do this now and all my programs. and non of them did so before.
ALSO
i get this error

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
application is not found

trying to access things in my controll panel to try and fix my problem.
also a bunch of files gone missing for example help and support. (came with comp)
set program acess and default, and many more.
it says
whatever the file is.exe
application not found.

almost everything is like this now, i try to do system restore but it is under help and support which
"helpctr.exe"
application not found.

PLEASE HELP ASAP
before i just complete clean out the harddrive and redo everything which could take days.
thanks ^^

P.S.
sorry i couldnt find out what topic this goes under

P.S. again

i have a Dell, Windows XP service pack 2

i tried to right click computer and press properties but, the error again comes up with the windows\system32\rundll thingy migigy...
>.< making me mad..

also i am about to post a youtube video of the exact problem its uploading now...
please help//

Advertisements

Jacob_Hollis

Jacob_Hollis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
how come other people getting replies and noone even look at mine seriuosly.

Jacob_Hollis

Jacob_Hollis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok man so many people get replys before me and ive been waiting forever, not ONE person even veiwd the thread seriusolly...