Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound on Youtube or other Internet sites

• Please log in to reply

Twistie

Twistie

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi there,

I have been searching and trying various solutions for this problems for the past five hours and still nothing has worked. I can not get sound from Youtube or any other internet video clip. I don't think I have ever been able to but really haven't tried until today. I have a VIA Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE) sound card with latest drivers installed. I can get perfect sound from Windows Media Player, Quicktime, my DVD player and my MP3 player just nothing from Youtube and other internet videos. Here is a list of solutions I have tried so far:

Regedit - yes I have the wavemapper correctly in place
Installing K-lite Codec and using the Tweak tool (I can't see Fix System Sounds on my list even though I did install the Full version)
Installing and reinstalling Flash player
Installing the XP Codec pack
Checking all the sound options in the Internet Options - Audio tab
Ensuring that all the options in the Control Panel - Sounds and Audio - point correctly to my sound card and not some weird modem etc

These were the most common tips to fixing the problem, but I did try a number of weird and wonderful one-time tips - none of which has brought me any joy.

Would be so grateful if you could help, I know there are a few true geek geniuses on this site as I have had the privilege to be helped once before here.

Thanks so so much :)

Advertisements

Twistie

Twistie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi there, anyone able to help me? Would love to hear from you!! Thanks so much :)

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hi Twistie

Instead of me reciting this piece, I'll give you the link.

See if any of the things you haven't tried, will work it out.

http://www.codecguid...nd_problems.htm

Regards Abydos

Twistie

Twistie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Wow, thats great!!!

I had tried all the fixes on this list except number 9 which I hadn't seen as a solution on any other website. And it turned out to be my problem!!! I copied that file off my husbands computer onto mine and voila, I have sound now!

Fantastic, thanks very much !!

:)

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hi Twistie

Glad you have sound again :)

and you're welcome.

Regards Abydos