Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No video after xp boot

• Please log in to reply

All0uette

All0uette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm guessing that this is probably some sort of driver corruption within XP but woudld welcome any help.
Video is fine during boot up, show windows grapgic etc but when boot complete ...no video.java script:emoticon(':whistling:', 'smid_8')
:blink:

I don't seem to be able to boot to a screen display, via safe mode etc, to get to the windows screens so installing replacement driver ( if this is the problem ?)

Is it possible to boot in vga, if so how, and would this work ?

Any other ideas very welcome.java script:emoticon(':help:', 'smid_11')
:)

If you think this may be beyond help, not worth the effort given the age/spec etc I'd also welcome any thoughts/ recommendations on replacements. System used for home working, web and occasional gaming (diablo). Kids are growing up so it might be time to upgrade ?

Many thanks.

All0uette

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try booting into VGA mode.

Restart the computer, keep pressing F8 (as if to go into Safe Mode), select "Enable VGA Mode". This starts Windows normally with a resolution of 640x480, useful if the error is caused by setting a resolution higher than the monitor is able to cope with.

Otherwise, a more drastic solution is to boot off an XP CD, go to the Recovery Console and run a CHKDSK on your drive. If that doesn't solve it, a full blown Windows Repair is in order.

This is one of those problems where there isn't a lot you can actually do but get out your CD.