Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No video no beep but power on

• Please log in to reply

jpgp

jpgp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows xp 1 gb ram home built frankenstein

I came home today and my computer was on (could hear fans and lights were on) but was getting no video. I have been trying every thing I could think of to get it to work. I would love to give you the specs but it is a home built tub of junk (Frankenstein) from bits and parts of other computers. It ran really great until now. So I will go through a run of things that I have done to test it.
First I changed the video card.
Then I took out the psu and put it into a buddy's pc to test it and it worked fine.
so I took out the HD and used a jumper to connect it via usb to another pc and it worked fine. then I took out all the ram and turned it on and got no beep so I am thinking maybe a chip set problem.
so I took out the battery and replaced it
still no help
the thing cycles on and the cpu fan spins fine but other then that no response.
It was working just fine last night. I dont get it.
I also tried dusting out the whole thing fans and pci connections and ram as well. I am thinking it maybe a simple problem.
No new hardware and no new software was installed either.
and like I said it starts up but no video feed at all and no beep.
Please help
I have no way of turning the thing on to give any specs and didnt have them written down. I am not computer illiterate but also am no software developer.
I am way 2 poor to buy a new one.
PLEASE HELP
Thank you.

Advertisements