Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2000

• Please log in to reply

abad14

abad14

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to uninstall Office 2000. But when I try to it prompts me for a CD. I dont have the CD. Someone told me what I needed but I forgot the name.

Thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Download the Office 2000 Eraser from Microsoft's website. There is an eraser for Disc 1 and Disc 2 so grab them both if you have installed content from Disc 2.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/219423

Run the Office 2000 Eraser(s) and let it delete anything and everything it can find.

Reboot.

The eraser will miss some content on the first pass, so run it again and reboot.

Delete the "C:\Program Files\Office" directory - or alternate location if a custom install was done.

Click Start, Run, and enter Regedit.exe. Delete all entries that reference Office 2000 under the HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall group. They will be at the top of the list and be a long sting of characters bracketed by curly braces.

Reboot.

SRX660