Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook keyboard lag time in Reply & Forward

• Please log in to reply

Mike630

Mike630

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My main desktop and 2 laptops are all experiencing a keyboard lag time while typing in Outlook 2003 when I am in Reply or Forward mode - this means there is no lag when in Create mode.

The lag occurs when the originating email is HTML. No delay when the originating email is Plain Text.

Spent last 3 days on internet trying all sorts of solutions. System is clean. Problem started about 2 weeks ago. Do not use System Restore as I use Norton Ghost. Have already uninstalled Outlook and re-installed on 1 of the laptops with no change.

Any help much appreciated!

Advertisements

Mike630

Mike630

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found a 'fix'. Problem seems to be updates from Microsoft causing all HTML to be checked for references to dodgy sites.

'Fix' is to clear your list of dodgy sites under IE7. This was probably populated by Spybot 'Immunize'. Just hit Undo in the immunize screen.

Other "fixes" I found on internet that work but not recommended are uninstalling two Microsoft updates namely:

For IE: KB931768 (uninstalled first and restarted after removal)
For XP: KB930916 (uninstalled second after machine restarted)

This solves the problem too but I like the Spybot solution first. Obviously a 3rd solution is to switch your editor in Outlook to Microsoft Word (Tools, Options, Mail Format).

Internet chatter indicates that Microsoft is going to have to fix this.

Hope this post stays awhile since this is a solid explanation and temporary fix.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Wow! Thanks Mike630, for posting your solution.

shobuddy

shobuddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I found a 'fix'. Problem seems to be updates from Microsoft causing all HTML to be checked for references to dodgy sites.

'Fix' is to clear your list of dodgy sites under IE7. This was probably populated by Spybot 'Immunize'. Just hit Undo in the immunize screen.

Other "fixes" I found on internet that work but not recommended are uninstalling two Microsoft updates namely:

For IE: KB931768 (uninstalled first and restarted after removal)
For XP: KB930916 (uninstalled second after machine restarted)

This solves the problem too but I like the Spybot solution first. Obviously a 3rd solution is to switch your editor in Outlook to Microsoft Word (Tools, Options, Mail Format).

Internet chatter indicates that Microsoft is going to have to fix this.

Hope this post stays awhile since this is a solid explanation and temporary fix.

I started having this problem about 3 days ago. Switching the format to Plain Text from HTML worked. Thanks for posting the fix. I registered w/this site just to thank you. You should feel very special :whistling: