Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSD to Dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply

luckyunit1

luckyunit1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All,

I'm currently in the process of making a new website. The thing is, I've made my layout in Adobe Photoshop - a PSD file. How do I apply this layout into Dreamweaver so that I will be able to edit it ( change text, change images, etc), and use the existing text in the layout and apply links.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!!!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Need to export/save as Web Page, not a Photoshop default file format although keep this file for future changes in PS.

Ron

luckyunit1

luckyunit1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I get that part! :)

I save the psd as a "save for web." Then I open that in Dreamweaver - no problem. But how do I edit that in Dreamweaver? Like if I want to change the text, or change the image? Will I have to keep doing it in Adobe? If so, won't the other pages within the website be affected?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are you importing the file from Adobe, that was saved as a web page, as an html file? If so, you should be able to use the Visual Editor in Dreamweaver to edit the page normally. If you know HTML, then switching to Code Source, would be better.

When I mentioned save as a Web Page, I meant not as an image format.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 26 May 2008 - 08:48 AM.

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Are you importing the file from Adobe, that was saved as a web page, as an html file? If so, you should be able to use the Visual Editor in Dreamweaver to edit the page normally. If you know HTML, then switching to Code Source, would be better.

When I mentioned save as a Web Page, I meant not as an image format.

Ron

Once in Dreamwaver, you cannot directly edit the images imported from Photoshop. You'll have to revert back to Photoshop, edit the image(s), and export (Save For Web) once more --or-- re-save the image.

Regards,