Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pink Screen

• Please log in to reply

Nilla

Nilla

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello,

My roommate's computer has a pink screen. He asked me if I could help him try to fix it. I wasn't successful. First we messed with the monitors settings but couldn't get the color right. We tried to fix it by updating the graphics driver but that didn't work. He reinstalled his OS and that still didn't fix the problem. I even hooked up two different monitors and they displayed in pink. Because the other two monitors where pink and a reinstall of the OS didn't fix the problem, I think it might be a hardware issue? I have made sure that the graphics card was tight in it's PCI slot. Nothing has fixed the problem yet. I thought I would post here to see if we could try anything else before getting a new graphics card.

His computer is an HP Pavilion a1412n. Its running XP media center edition '05.

Thanks for any tips!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you try a different monitor cable?

Nilla

Nilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Yes. Each monitor had it's own cable.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
then it's probably the video card itself....i assume the computer only has one port to plug a monitor into right?

Nilla

Nilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
It only has one port.

Can you recommend any video cards? He would prefer something less expensive as he is not a hard core gamer or video editor.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i can't (the skeptic probably can) i'm not a hardware nerd....but any PCI card by a reputable company should be fine...NVidia, ATI, etc..

Nilla

Nilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Thanks dsenette. I'll let me roommate know to look into getting a new video card.