Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Call of Duty 2 for PC

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I installed call of duty 2 correctly and all but when it starts is says this error:

Fatal Error
Error during initialazion
no valid rendering code path detected

please i am crazy to play this game can someone help me

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Sysytem specs?
-P.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
intel® Celeron® CPU 2.66GHz 2.67GHz 504MB of Ram

If you want more info like the video card and etc just tell me what you want and were i can find it, thanks

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The mentioned Rendering Path makes me think it's a problem with the video card.

The best way to check your video card (as far as I know) is to right click My Computer --> Hardware --> Device Manager and the video card should be under "Display Adapters".

So let us know the video card and we'll try and help! :whistling:

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
My Video card is Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
That is most definantly integrated graphics which WILL NOT run CoD 2. You will have to do some mobo research to see what connection type you have and buy a new video card.

(And if it's not integrated...it's so terrible it can't run it)

}BP{

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
How can i do this, i am not really a gamer i just like to play, could you help me find a video card that is good but very cheap because i dont have much cash, thanks

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

My Video card is Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

This integrated video card is indeed the whole problem, you need to get a better video card. We have had alot of people with your same issue wanting to play cod2 on intel integrated graphics... :whistling: Its just not gonna ever happen. Integrated isnt meant for gaming anyways.

List us a budget and tell us if you have agp or pci express. Not really enough information for me to find out.

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
I just got a brand new gaming computer and did the system check to see if it will run cod 2 and it all passes but it is very motion blurry any help?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I just got a brand new gaming computer and did the system check to see if it will run cod 2 and it all passes but it is very motion blurry any help?

What exactly do you mean????? The 7000 series is a good card but your 7000 series is a low end card.

Do you mean choppy gameplay?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
the video card in your signature says its a 7300LE. The LE is a lighter version of the 7300gs. If you want to be able to play games nicely your going to have to spend $175-$200 minumum on up to $500 for a good video card.

Im not trying to make you mad but you said you wanted an answer, that video card is really slow and its not considered a gaming pc with that video card. If you spend $200 -$500 on a video card then it will be a gaming pc..

Edited by jrm20, 22 April 2006 - 01:40 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah if someone sold that system to you as a gaming system you got conned its got a low end card and one of the worst CPUs on the market.

What settings are you using and have you installed drivers.

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
It is like when i play in regular mode (not safe mode) it is like ummmm when i move the mouse to the side or move foward it is sorta like slow motion like.like it does stuff a second later.when i click the mouse button it fires like a second later.

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
But it's a 256meg graphic card

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

But it's a 256meg graphic card

256mb dont mean jack if the rest of the card is slow. Just because it has 256mb doesnt mean its fast man, it doesnt work like that. There is much more to a graphics card. It has a gpu (graphics processing unit), it has clock speed it has memory speed, it has pipelines, they have memory which will be ddr,ddr2 or ddr3. Yours has the plain ddr..