Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Punkbuster solutions

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

Updating Punkbuster

Updated

Evanbalance has released a new Gui tool to update punkbuster. Full instructions and download info here:
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

Resolving PB services issues:

To manually install/uninstall the components, users may use our PBSVC Setup Program. However, uninstalling the new service components will disable PunkBuster and may prevent playing on PunkBuster servers. PBSVC can be downloaded from here.

Other issues (firewall)

PB is unable to communicate with some peoples computers due to their firewall settings.There have been about three known PB messages which say something like
"Heartbeats stopped" , "Handshakes failed" and another initialization error. PB is NOW running as a service (process) When you start cod4 (or any other punkbuster enabled game), your firewall needs to accept a service called PnkBstrB.exe which is in your PB folder.

If you go into your Trend, Norton, or Macafee firewall settings, add the above PnkBstrB.exe as a trusted service using the add button. Just updating your psetup.exe is not enough

Punkbuster Kicks - Other

For error messages:
invalid iwd files referenced
file name/sum mismatch
These are normally encountered on servers runnning custom maps and/or mods. Normally all you need to do is go to console (in game) and type in "reconnect". There is a limit to how many iwd files you can have. In the case of Cod4, there is a mod folder. under that folder should be a folder related to the server in question. For example my server folder would be victory2. In that folder I would need to remove all files ending with the file extension of .IWD. There is also a users folder (cod4) that contains custom maps with the iwd extention.

Corrupted packet flow:
normally results from the game initializing its start sequence before the pb services are fully initialized. This can also occurs as a result of a pb update. Also can result from pb doing self updating while trying to connect to server.

If you get stuck in a loop, you may need to reboot your pc. In the extrem case, the modem and router may need to be power cycled at the same time as well.

Edited by starjax, 05 July 2008 - 10:50 PM.
updated to include additional detail in first post

Advertisements

simon73

simon73

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
THIS IS ONE THAT WORKS

Okay a few people are having problems with the punkbuster I was one and had privilege error 507 and 508 and get on been kicked when I played the game on line. Nothing worse than being kicked after a few seconds :tazz:

The solution I have worked out

First uninstall the COD and CODUO using the control panel and add and remove programmes (this has to be done) sorry if you done this a hundred times already. Once you have fully uninstalled both games go to my computer and go to LOCAL DISK DRIVE © programme files call of duty folder and dump it into the recycle bin this includes the patches for both games. If you placed the patch elsewhere then find then and put into the recycle bin. Now go into the following MY COMPUTER LOCAL DISK DRIVE C, WINDOWS PREFECH and only take out the following PROGRAMMES nothing else just the 4 I have listed. These 4 are left behind when you uninstall the game and cause the problem I think as they are corrupted data.

COD_1.4_PATCH.EXE-378BCCC9.pf
COD_1.5_PATCH.EXE-1CC2CBF2.pf
CODUO_PATCH.EXE-2CE389D7.pf
CODUOMP.EXE-0608F680.pf

The above files are the patch this has to be removed and dump into the recycle bin. Now fully empty the bin of all the trash and restart your computer.

Next. Download the 1.4 patch for COD and install the COD game and once the patch has come down place into the main COD folder and upload the 1.4 patch. Now do the same for COD UO and get the 1.5 place it into the COD folder and upload the patch from there. Now restart your computer.

I leave a link for you only download (Official Releases > Patches)
http://callofduty.filefront.com/

Your game will now work without I hope any problems. Please don't remove any other programmes as it will affect your computer and only the items I have mention. For some reason it seems that the CODUO try to patch the 1.4 COD and this causes the problems.

;)

miss pacaman

miss pacaman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just purchased call of duty, and when i go into a NON-PUNKBUSTER server, i am fine, but once i go into a PUNKBUSTER server, it always freezes, and makes a weird noise "Dddddddd", and i have updated to the 1.5 version, and i have tried updating punk buster, can someone help me out

ASAP!

~$hadow~

AnuBis

AnuBis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Uninstall your Punkbuster and reinstall it that should take care of it. I run a CODUO1.5 40 player server you can connect to its always full 24/7 IP:64.69.40.82:28960 [ssb]Super Smash Bros

codfanaticus

codfanaticus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
New here but got a question. I havent got a /pb directory in my call of duty dir. Anyone know's how come?? Uninstalled it 5 times, all the questions I saw on other forums (about pb init failure, it brought me to this) were awnser'd with go to your cod/pb directory etc. But I cant find mine, anyone has an idea??? :tazz:

[EDIT] I aint gettin' response from the master server aswell, and I am connected to the internet

Edited by codfanaticus, 28 May 2005 - 07:19 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
codfanaticus,
create the pb folder under the cod install folder and then run pbweb.exe per instructions. also make sure you have the patches. punkbuster support didn't happen until 1.4 was released.

Starjax

Fantasy

Fantasy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was havign the same problem when i installed Call of Duty i had no pb file?! ;) I searched all over the net but couldnt find anything to help me but i saw this forum and it helped ty for the help!!!I can now play Call of Duty version 1.5 without pb kicking me! :tazz:

Morpheus

Morpheus

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
how do i uninstall pb and reinstall it on COD: United offense

<AoA>DarKSide

<AoA>DarKSide

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am getting a message that comes up when i get kicked from cod. It says no packet flow. I dont no how to connect to punkbuster servers.

BASEBALLPLAYER

BASEBALLPLAYER

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Ive had it with my call of duty.WHen I play multiplayer for COD or CODUO Ive been getting Server Disconnected-BASEBALLPLAYER342418 has been kicked VIA Punk Buster ( For 0 Minutes) Restriction: Inadequate 0/s Privlages, or It cant load the Maps, and It cant load the weopon File. Please Help me :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
remove any file that you have downloaded like custome maps, mods, ect.

BASEBALLPLAYER

BASEBALLPLAYER

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey I tried deleting the mods and maps.Nothing is happening.

Hey Ive had it with my call of duty.WHen I play multiplayer for COD or CODUO Ive been getting Server Disconnected-BASEBALLPLAYER342418 has been kicked VIA Punk Buster ( For 0 Minutes) Restriction: Inadequate 0/s Privlages, or It cant load the Maps, and It cant load the weopon File. Please Help me :tazz:

Edited by BASEBALLPLAYER, 18 August 2005 - 07:31 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
then uninstall the game, reboot, delete the install folder if it still exists and then reinstall, patch and update punkbuster.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
please help i keep getting kicked from punkbuster severs it says "inadequate O/S priveliges".

Mere_Mortal

Mere_Mortal

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

inadequate O/S priveliges

I advise posting a HijackThis logfile (not here!). This is a characteristic of Look2Me :tazz:

[EDIT] I see you already did that, and L2M was found & removed. You still have this problem?

Edited by Mere_Mortal, 13 November 2005 - 06:58 AM.