Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Raptor/SATA installation problems

• Please log in to reply

Halloweendm

Halloweendm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just purchased a 36gb Raptor for my PC. My motherboard is set up for RAID but not a single SATA drive, so I had to get an adapter card. The card I got is a Kaser YouFun010-2 card with external/internal SATA ports. I have the drivers installed for both the Raptor and the Kaser card.

My plan was to install Windows on the new Raptor drive and then wipe and sell my current one. Every time I try to install it doesn't show the Raptor drive though. The installation CD gets to the point where I choose what drive to install on and the Raptor is not listed. Even if I disconnect my current hard drive, it still won't show the Raptor drive.

I checked the Device Manager and it shows the Raptor drive, however, when I click on My Computer it only shows my current hard drive and not the Raptor.

How can I get the Raptor drive to show up so I can get Windows XP Pro installed on it?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Check the bios to make sure SATA is enabled. You need to put the SATA drivers on a floppy disk. During windows install, you will be prompted to install 3rd party drivers by pressing F6. At that point, press f6 and insert the floppy into drive a and load the drivers.

Here is a good link for information on SATA, a tutorial
http://www.omnicast....build/SATA.html

Edited by austin_o, 29 October 2005 - 08:20 AM.