Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recommend Anti-Virus Program

• Please log in to reply

twolfe87

twolfe87

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
My Norton subscription expires in about a month, and I've finally come to the realization that I'm sick of giving them my money for doing largely nothing.

I need something to replace it and more.

What program is easiest to use?

NOD32 seems to be looked upon favorably on this site.

I've used Panda's ActiveScan on their site before, and it's worked well for me, I'm looking at their Anti-virus programs.

Kapersky seems to get the best reviews on Amazon.

I use Spybot S&D I'm looking for something that will complement it too.

What should I do?

Edited by twolfe87, 24 April 2006 - 09:57 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
AVG Free is good, Avast is well regarded, you can try them and keep the one you want

Only have one running

http://www.filehippo...ware/antivirus/

twolfe87

twolfe87

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'm not opposed to paying for something, provided it works.

What's going to protect me (like norton says it does, but then doesn't half the time), not just scan after the fact.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nod32 if you want to buy one

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Panda. The Internet Security Package is very good and has recently stopped the system from downloading a file that had adware in it. Didn't even have time to click "Save to Disk" and Panda popped up and said it had adware in it and it was going to delete it.

On the other hand though, Panda, when it breaks, is a really big pain in the backside to sort out. But as I've had little problem with it, I really like it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nod32 is the best paid AV, its on par with kapersky though its also really good. Avast is what i use its actually better than both norton and macafee by a fair margin.

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Any comments re: Trend Micro or F-Secure? I see Trend Micro's House Call regularly recommended at GTG postings for online scanning. Is that a recommendation?