Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error! R6025 pure virtual function call

• Please log in to reply

ResProb

ResProb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

When I am trying to open http://forums.asp.net, i am getting error 'Runtime Error! R6025 pure virtual function call'. Can any one tell me how to fix it. Other sites are opening fine except this one. I had IE6, Windows XP.

Thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There seems to be part of the error message not showing. Normally with this error it will tell you what has caused the problem.
If possible can you post the complete error message. I have a feeling it is related to IE6 at this time
If it indeed is IE6 then it is a known issue with Microsoft.
They have supplied a hotfix for the problem. You can go Here and read the article and download the fix for it
Please let me know if this does fix your problem.
You may also think about upgrading to IE8 or go to Firefox browser. Firefox is faster and more secure then IE and you can import all your favorites into Firefox. A link to it is in my signature below. You can have both IE and Firefox on your system at the same time and you can even have them both running at the same time. I started using Firefox a month ago and have made it my default browser due to the previous reasons I stated.

Edited by rshaffer61, 07 April 2009 - 12:56 PM.

ResProb

ResProb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
When I try to open forums.asp.net :

The complete message is:
Runtime error!
Program: C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe
R6025
-pure Virtual function call

After this as soon as I click on Ok button site closes.

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you go to the link I posted and install the fix that I suggested?
As I stated in that post
"If it indeed is IE6 then it is a known issue with Microsoft. They have supplied a hotfix for the problem."

MCP_Divemaster

MCP_Divemaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am getting this same error message when trying to save in Photoshop 7.0