Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STOP: C0000135 Unknown Hard Error Unknown Hard Error

• Please log in to reply

luthiea

luthiea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I just bought my Compaq Presario M2267TU Notebook PC a few months ago and it's generally running fine. However, when I try to run command to check disk and restart the computer, the computer conducts the checks then reboots but then a blue screen appears with the following error message:

STOP: C0000135 Unknown Hard Error
Unknown Hard Error

The thing is if I don't run the check disk command, my computer is generally working ok but I'm worried what this error message may entail so I'll really appreciate any useful tips to set my heart at ease.

Could it be due to the software I installed because I recently downloaded the Zone Alarm software as well as a game into my laptop? I never used to have this problem until recently.

I also use CCleaner and Tune-up Utilities to clean up my laptop registry and such whenever I use my laptop.

thanks lots!!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://support.micro...=173309&sd=RMVP

http://support.micro...=318159&sd=RMVP

look here

luthiea

luthiea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi thanks for the help but I'm afraid I'm still completely lost. Could you kindly give easy to understand advice? :whistling:

I'm not really that good with comp technology. :blink:

thanks anyway!

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Well, for a basic user: Back up your data, and reinstall Windows from the CD that was included with your laptop (or by following whatever instructions were included with it).