Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Problem

• Please log in to reply

SirNight33

SirNight33

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
First off i dont have any viruses

Now on to my problem after a while on my pc my computer lags even my music it pauses for 3~5seconds untill i restart my pc what can be causeing this :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Could be whats called 'memory leak', whereby when you start a program, close it, then start another program (eg your media player), the first program has not released the memory it was using. This obviously causes the free RAM to progressively drop to such a low level that Windows then has to resort to the much slower 'virtual memory' (on the hard disk). This causes delays where the computer is playing 'catch-up' and you get poor music playback and generally poor response.

One sure fire way of getting back all the free memory that should be available is to re-boot -- but obviously that's annoying as well as inconvenient. A better way is to use a 'memory optimiser' which forces all the 'leaked' memory back in to the memory pool without having to re-boot. There's a shareware one here which looks dead easy to use:
http://www.popdrops.com/freeupram/

Pman

Pman

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Freemem Standard is another good memory freeing program and is free.

http://www.meikel.co.../comparison.php