Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System affected - Many steps in cleaning guide did not work [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

AnandM

AnandM

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
First of all, thank you for offering to help me through this forum. Here is my issue in detail:-

Last night, by mistake, I clicked on something and it began to install a few things. I have Symantec Anitivirus installed on my system (this was updated to the latest a few days ago ) and it seems to have caught the virus. It listed a few items and I clicked on one. But I guess the internet page, search etc were hijacked already, so I went to the fake page and it ended up installing a whole bunch of stuff (I think). It then started to show the usual popups and stuff. I then pulled my laptop out of the internet immediately.

Thankfully, I had another system I had that I am using to search on the internet including sending this post.

OKay, in my affected system, task manager was disabled, I deleted the appropriate registry entries but it would put them back. I searched for files/dlls/exes that were installed at about this time. I found a ton of them (from the time when the system was affected). I deleted many of them, but it did not allow me to delete some. But the deleted ones would reappear immediately.

I then took my windows into safe mode with all start up items disabled. Even then the pop ups and the messages appeared in safe mode also. I then came across this ProcessEXplorer utility which I downloaded and transferred into the affected system using a USB drive. In SafeMode, I was able to find this one .exe that was running at startup (sorry I did not note down the name). This had a weird name (with some XML in the info), the provider was Microsoft instead of Microsoft Corporation. I looked at the time this exe was created and it was just some time back. So I deleted that process and all the descendant processes. Then I was able to delete all the suspect files. I am no expert, it took me 4-6 hrs to get to this point.

I rebooted, came back in normal mode, thinking I would try out the experiments mentioned in your cleanup guide and I should be done. But things turned out to be different. Anyways the good things were:-
- The pop ups went away
- The suspected processes were no longer running, task manager was back again.

But ....
- I could not open notepad or txt files. However I am able to open Word and Office.
- Firefox would not even start in Safe mode.

OKay more details from your clean up guide.

First I downloaded all the utilties and tranferred through USB to the affected system.

ATF:
ATF ran ok, no issues

Malware bytes:
The setup would not open. So I connected to the internet, to download from Malware bytes home page. But IE was still not fixed (I think), I did not take me to the web page. So I tried some different sites, google.com worked. So I searched Malware bytes, it brought me the results but when I clicked on it, I could see the address as some other IP address with some weird poststrings. I did not take me to your forum. That is when I tried firefox, and it would not start in safe mode even. So I disconnected my net. I downloaded the setupexe from another system and brough it here and tried to open it again, it never opened anything. I thought the internet issue might be because of some google toolbar, so I uninstalled google tool bar and enabled windows pop up.

SuperAntiSpyware:-
I was able to install this. I ran this in the manner specified in your guide, but after some time, it crashed windows and windows rebooted. I tried agan, windows crashed and rebooted again. On rebooting it gave me some files that seemed to be part of Symantec Antivirus. So I uninstalled Antivirus and then tried again, but it crashed again. Windows told me that some error log is created, but I could not locate where this log is.

HijackThis:-
This worked fine. But it did not give me wordpad windows as mentioned. (think this may be related to the notepad issues I mentioned before). But I did see the log file. BUt the log file would not open in notepad either. But it opened in word. I anways tranferred it to my other system and this is what it shows:-

-------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:24:01 PM, on 5/25/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService.exe
C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Desktop\AllScans\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbpdtvdp.exe,
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPOSDSVC.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [runner1] C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe 61A847B5BBF72815308B2B27128065E9C084320161C4661227A755E9C2933154389A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRMGRTR] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL,PwrMgrBkGndMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LPManager] C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMGR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IEUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setupx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM8e653505] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\nltidtsq.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BLOG] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL,StartBattLog
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AwaySch] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [advap32] C:\DOCUME~1\IBM\LOCALS~1\Temp\D1D.tmp/r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [8d560699] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rggrrijo.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [IEUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setupx.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Installer] C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Microsoft\dtsc\18032.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [IEUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setupx.exe
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O16 - DPF: {D9CDEFE3-51BB-4737-A12C-53D9814A148C} (DAX Control) - https://myemail.amd....CT=java DAX.cab
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (acs) - Atheros - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: IPS Core Service (IPSSVC) - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: MsSecurity Updated (MsSecurity1.209.4) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\winself.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (UserAccess) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService.exe

--
End of file - 5987 bytes

PLEASE HELP ME.
- Anand

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello AnandM

Welcome to G2Go. :)
=====================
Please download DAFT and save it to your desktop:
  • Double-click the daft.exe icon.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • Select everything it is displaying there
  • Click the Fix button.
  • Then rescan with DAFT again - it should say now that "All associations are OK"
  • Close DAFT if you receive that message. This means that it is fixed now.
===============
Please visit this web page for instructions for downloading and running Combofix >ComboFix Instructions
We now suggest that you install the Windows Recovery Console.
The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode that allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished all of that, along with a new HijackThis log.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for your reply Kahdah. I still have not tried your suggestion, but I have more inputs.

While I was waiting for a reply, I digged deeper and I found it was not a file association issue but rather the malicious code. When I changed the mbam-setup.exe to a different name (say metup.exe) and then clicked it, it began to work. I succesfully installed it and was able to scan and detect issues. Please see log below. Running Malwarebytes fixed most issues, but not completly though. Firefox, notepad and the mbam-setup were the only ones not working earlier. Now after running malware, firefox and notepad started to work.

I reinstalled Symantec Antivirus. Changed my internet options (cookies etc) to least risk mode. Then I connected to the internet. Now I am able to visit pages llkes malware, geekstogo etc (earlier all this were not possible). But then after a couple of minutes, I saw a whole bunch of Symantec pop up messages "Scanning message". I then disconnected the internet connection, then I saw some error messages like "e-mail message to someone failed".

Super Anti...crashed. I think it cannot coexist with Symantec Antivirus.

Below are the logs (Malware log and Hijackthis log after running malware). Let me know if you need to try ComboFix.

---------------------------
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.12
Database version: 722

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 98319
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 17
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 14

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnKCuvt.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLCtrl32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ljJYoonn.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8183f3cc-7354-4ca3-b3e3-118443c039e4} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8183f3cc-7354-4ca3-b3e3-118443c039e4} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MsSecurity1.209.4 (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WLCtrl32 (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\aoprndtws (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{b1a64443-6fca-41ce-8d51-5f8991257555} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b1a64443-6fca-41ce-8d51-5f8991257555} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ljjyoonn (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Outerinfo (Adware.PurityScan) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\IEUpdate (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{b1a64443-6fca-41ce-8d51-5f8991257555} (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\pmnkcuvt -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\pmnkcuvt -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnKCuvt.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tvuCKnmp.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tvuCKnmp.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkuasedl.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ldesaukb.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmonb.bmp (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blackster.scr (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbdll.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\000080.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\000090.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLCtrl32.dl_ (Trojan.Downloader) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLCtrl32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ljJYoonn.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.
---------------------------------------------
Scan saved at 8:53:24 AM, on 5/26/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.in/
O2 - BHO: {a4d41832-7580-2189-4084-67f9c2e07ab6} - {6ba70e2c-9f76-4804-9812-085723814d4a} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oghkokav.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.1119.1736\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F8387555-2EFF-438B-9B1C-7E6DD1D56E6B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayvTlLd.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [IEUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setupx.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O16 - DPF: {D9CDEFE3-51BB-4737-A12C-53D9814A148C} (DAX Control) - https://myemail.amd....CT=java DAX.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WinCtrl32 - WinCtrl32.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (acs) - Atheros - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: IPS Core Service (IPSSVC) - Lenovo Group Limited - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IPSSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: IS Service (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SecurePort (SymSecurePort) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (UserAccess) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService.exe

--
End of file - 5907 bytes

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Please follow the instructions given previously please.
Then post those logs.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Here you go..

-----------------------------combofix log -----------------------
ComboFix 08-05-25.3 - IBM 2008-05-26 9:30:55.1 - FAT32x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.585 [GMT 5.5:30]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Desktop\WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat
C:\WINDOWS\BM8e653505.xml
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini
C:\WINDOWS\default.htm
C:\WINDOWS\mainms.vpi
C:\WINDOWS\megavid.cdt
C:\WINDOWS\muotr.so
C:\WINDOWS\pskt.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Cache
C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbdll.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbinit.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dLlTvyay.ini
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dLlTvyay.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\clbdriver.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSINET.oca
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ojirrggr.ini

----- BITS: Possible infected sites -----

hxxp://80.93.48.89
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Legacy_CLBDRIVER
-------\Legacy_MSSECURITY1.209.4

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-04-26 to 2008-05-26 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-05-26 03:29 . 2008-05-26 03:29 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$
2008-05-26 03:06 . 2008-05-26 09:32 40 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\profile.dat
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2008-05-26 03:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2008-05-26 03:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2005-05-13 19:50 123,488 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2005-05-13 19:50 91,856 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2008-05-26 02:02 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-05 20:46 27,048 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamcatchme.sys
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-05 20:46 15,864 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-05-25 22:05 . 2008-05-25 22:05 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\FOUND.000
2008-05-25 22:02 . 2008-05-25 22:02 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMMGR32.EXE
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-05-25 21:35 . 2008-05-25 21:35 100,608 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\oghkokav.dll
2008-05-25 21:34 . 2008-05-25 21:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Download Manager
2008-05-25 21:34 . 2008-05-25 21:35 90,896 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\verdaqsf.dll
2008-05-25 21:18 . 2008-05-25 21:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-05-25 11:24 . 2008-05-25 11:24 8,960 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.vbe
2008-05-25 10:36 . 2008-05-25 10:36 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
2008-05-25 09:52 . 2008-05-25 09:52 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\PIF
2008-05-25 09:31 . 2008-05-25 09:31 22,784 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\directx32.exe
2008-05-25 09:24 . 2008-05-25 09:24 <DIR> d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\UserData
2008-05-25 09:16 . 2001-08-23 12:00 4,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\beep.sys
2008-05-25 09:15 . 2008-05-25 09:15 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\vntiho06
2008-05-13 07:27 . 2008-05-13 07:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Uniblue
2008-05-03 05:19 . 2008-05-03 05:19 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\dvdcss

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-04-12 14:08 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{6ba70e2c-9f76-4804-9812-085723814d4a}]
2008-05-25 21:35 100608 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\oghkokav.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{F8387555-2EFF-438B-9B1C-7E6DD1D56E6B}]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayvTlLd.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-03 19:26 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSConfig"="C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe" [2004-08-04 00:56 158208]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2005-06-02 09:21 48752]
"vptray"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe" [2005-06-23 19:27 85696]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2006-12-20 12:55 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 2007-02-27 11:39 282624 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tpfnf2]
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\notifyf2.dll 2006-09-06 16:37 34344 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\notifyf2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tphotkey]
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll 2006-12-14 11:06 28672 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\bjQ53.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\cjQ64.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Hqa07.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\owE75.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Owv04.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Google Updater.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Google Updater.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Google Updater.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^IBM^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^WordWeb.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WordWeb.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\WordWeb.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\8d560699]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rggrrijo.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\advap32]
C:\DOCUME~1\IBM\LOCALS~1\Temp\D1D.tmp/r

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AwaySch]
--a------ 2006-11-07 19:51 91688 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\BLOG]
--------- 2007-06-18 01:16 208896 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\BM8e653505]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nltidtsq.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ccApp]
--a------ 2005-06-02 09:21 48752 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ctfmon.exe]
--a------ 2004-08-03 19:26 15360 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\EZEJMNAP]
--------- 2007-04-27 02:33 243248 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\googletalk]
--a------ 2007-01-02 02:52 3739648 C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HotKeysCmds]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:34 155648 C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IEUpdate]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Setupx.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IgfxTray]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:34 131072 C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LanguageShortcut]
--a------ 2006-05-18 11:29 49152 C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LPManager]
--------- 2007-03-23 02:02 120368 C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMGR.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Microsoft Windows Installer]
--a------ 2008-05-25 09:15 121856 C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Microsoft\dtsc\18032.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NeroFilterCheck]
--a------ 2001-07-09 11:50 155648 C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Persistence]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:33 131072 C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\PWRMGRTR]
--------- 2007-06-18 01:16 200704 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
--a------ 2007-08-18 10:00 98304 C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RemoteControl]
--------- 2005-12-07 22:57 30208 C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\runner1]
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SoundMAX]
--------- 2007-04-03 19:55 839680 C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SoundMAXPnP]
--a------ 2007-04-09 16:23 1015808 C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
--a------ 2007-08-18 09:55 36972 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SUPERAntiSpyware]
--a------ 2007-02-27 11:39 1310720 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SynTPEnh]
--------- 2007-07-05 19:07 512000 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SynTPLpr]
--------- 2007-07-05 19:07 110592 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TkBellExe]
--a------ 2008-04-12 19:38 185896 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TPHOTKEY]
--a------ 2007-03-09 14:49 66176 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPOSDSVC.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TPKMAPHELPER]
--a------ 2007-01-09 16:28 868352 C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Uniblue RegistryBooster 2]
C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\vptray]
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001
"FirewallDisableNotify"=dword:00000001
"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\Tools\\VS-Ent98\\Vanalyzr\\VARPC.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Talk\\googletalk.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"=

R1 TPPWRIF;TPPWRIF;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Tppwrif.sys [2007-06-18 01:16]
R3 EraserUtilDrv10741;EraserUtilDrv10741;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilDrv10741.sys [2008-05-26 09:34]
R3 WSIMD;wsimd Service;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wsimd.sys [2006-11-15 03:00]
S0 bjQ53;bjQ53;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\bjQ53.sys []
S3 SQLWriter;SQL Server VSS Writer;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe" [2005-10-14 03:53]
S4 msvsmon80;Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86\msvsmon.exe" /service msvsmon80 []

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-05-25 04:35:26 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\PMTask.job"
- C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWMIDTSK.EXE
"2008-05-25 21:39:10 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-26 09:33:54
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 FAT NTAPI

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

PROCESS: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
-> C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCPROXY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCSETMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC CLIENT FIREWALL\ISSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SNDSRVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCEVTMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\VPTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPSSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ACS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CISCO SYSTEMS\VPN CLIENT\CVPND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\DEFWATCH.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\COMMON\GOOGLE UPDATER\GOOGLEUPDATERSERVICE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\INETSRV\INETINFO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL SERVER\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\BINN\SQLSERVR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CYBERLINK\SHARED FILES\RICHVIDEO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\SAVROAM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\RTVSCAN.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC CLIENT FIREWALL\SYMSPORT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TPKMPSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UASERVICE.EXE
Completion time: 2008-05-26 9:35:22 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-05-26 04:05:18

Pre-Run: 17,306,124,288 bytes free
Post-Run: 17,192,779,776 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\ = "Microsoft Windows"
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

--------------------------------------------------------
HijackThis log after combofix was run is:-

Scan saved at 9:36:55 AM, on 5/26/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.in/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: {a4d41832-7580-2189-4084-67f9c2e07ab6} - {6ba70e2c-9f76-4804-9812-085723814d4a} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oghkokav.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.1.1119.1736\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F8387555-2EFF-438B-9B1C-7E6DD1D56E6B} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\yayvTlLd.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: IS Service (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SecurePort (SymSecurePort) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec Client Firewall\SymSPort.exe

--
End of file - 6187 bytes

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • type in notepad in the Run Box then hit ok.

2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Driver::
bjQ53
File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\bjQ53.sys 
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oghkokav.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\verdaqsf.dll
C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.vbe
C:\DOCUME~1\IBM\LOCALS~1\Temp\D1D.tmp
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Microsoft\dtsc\18032.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe.tmp
Folder::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vntiho06
Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{6ba70e2c-9f76-4804-9812-085723814d4a}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{F8387555-2EFF-438B-9B1C-7E6DD1D56E6B}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\bjQ53.sys]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Hqa07.sys]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\owE75.sys]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Owv04.sys]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\8d560699]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\advap32]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\BM8e653505]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IEUpdate]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Microsoft Windows Installer]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\runner1]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
"FirewallDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000000

3. Save the above as CFScript.txt

4. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below. This will start ComboFix again.

Posted Image

5. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt
  • A new HijackThis log.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for your reply. Here are the details you asked for:-

-----------------------------combofix log --------------------------------
ComboFix 08-05-25.3 - IBM 2008-05-26 21:30:39.2 - FAT32x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.585 [GMT 5.5:30]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

FILE ::
C:\DOCUME~1\IBM\LOCALS~1\Temp\D1D.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\bjQ53.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMMGR32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vntiho06

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Service_bjQ53

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-04-26 to 2008-05-26 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-05-26 03:29 . 2008-05-26 03:29 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$
2008-05-26 03:06 . 2008-05-26 21:32 40 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\profile.dat
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2008-05-26 03:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2008-05-26 03:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2005-05-13 19:50 123,488 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2008-05-26 03:05 . 2005-05-13 19:50 91,856 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2008-05-26 02:02 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-26 02:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-05 20:46 27,048 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamcatchme.sys
2008-05-26 02:01 . 2008-05-05 20:46 15,864 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2008-05-25 22:05 . 2008-05-25 22:05 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\FOUND.000
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-05-25 21:55 . 2008-05-25 21:55 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2008-05-25 21:34 . 2008-05-25 21:34 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Download Manager
2008-05-25 21:18 . 2008-05-25 21:18 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-05-25 10:36 . 2008-05-25 10:36 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
2008-05-25 09:52 . 2008-05-25 09:52 <DIR> d--h----- C:\WINDOWS\PIF
2008-05-25 09:31 . 2008-05-25 09:31 22,784 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\directx32.exe
2008-05-25 09:24 . 2008-05-25 09:24 <DIR> d---s---- C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\UserData
2008-05-25 09:16 . 2001-08-23 12:00 4,224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\beep.sys
2008-05-13 07:27 . 2008-05-13 07:27 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Uniblue
2008-05-03 05:19 . 2008-05-03 05:19 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\dvdcss

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-04-12 14:08 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\xing shared

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2008-05-26_ 9.34.55.54 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2008-05-26 04:03:36 2,048 --s-a-w C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
+ 2008-05-26 16:03:44 2,048 --s-a-w C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
+ 2008-03-20 12:36:36 1,480,232 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll
- 2008-05-26 03:03:44 94,310 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc009.dat
+ 2008-05-26 16:00:54 94,310 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc009.dat
- 2008-05-26 03:03:44 491,192 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfh009.dat
+ 2008-05-26 16:00:54 491,192 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfh009.dat
+ 2008-03-20 09:11:20 14,640 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\spmsg.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-03 19:26 15360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSConfig"="C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe" [2004-08-04 00:56 158208]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2005-06-02 09:21 48752]
"vptray"="C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe" [2005-06-23 19:27 85696]

[hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shellexecutehooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"= C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2006-12-20 12:55 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll 2007-02-27 11:39 282624 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tpfnf2]
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\notifyf2.dll 2006-09-06 16:37 34344 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\notifyf2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tphotkey]
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll 2006-12-14 11:06 28672 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\cjQ64.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Adobe Gamma Loader.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Google Updater.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Google Updater.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\Google Updater.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^IBM^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^WordWeb.lnk]
path=C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WordWeb.lnk
backup=C:\WINDOWS\pss\WordWeb.lnkStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\AwaySch]
--a------ 2006-11-07 19:51 91688 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\BLOG]
--------- 2007-06-18 01:16 208896 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatLogEx.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ccApp]
--a------ 2005-06-02 09:21 48752 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ctfmon.exe]
--a------ 2004-08-03 19:26 15360 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\EZEJMNAP]
--------- 2007-04-27 02:33 243248 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\googletalk]
--a------ 2007-01-02 02:52 3739648 C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HotKeysCmds]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:34 155648 C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IgfxTray]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:34 131072 C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LanguageShortcut]
--a------ 2006-05-18 11:29 49152 C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\LPManager]
--------- 2007-03-23 02:02 120368 C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\PrdCtr\LPMGR.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\NeroFilterCheck]
--a------ 2001-07-09 11:50 155648 C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Persistence]
--a------ 2007-02-26 11:33 131072 C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\PWRMGRTR]
--------- 2007-06-18 01:16 200704 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWRMGRTR.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
--a------ 2007-08-18 10:00 98304 C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\RemoteControl]
--------- 2005-12-07 22:57 30208 C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SoundMAX]
--------- 2007-04-03 19:55 839680 C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SoundMAXPnP]
--a------ 2007-04-09 16:23 1015808 C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
--a------ 2007-08-18 09:55 36972 C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SUPERAntiSpyware]
--a------ 2007-02-27 11:39 1310720 C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SynTPEnh]
--------- 2007-07-05 19:07 512000 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SynTPLpr]
--------- 2007-07-05 19:07 110592 C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TkBellExe]
--a------ 2008-04-12 19:38 185896 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TPHOTKEY]
--a------ 2007-03-09 14:49 66176 C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\TPOSDSVC.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\TPKMAPHELPER]
--a------ 2007-01-09 16:28 868352 C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Uniblue RegistryBooster 2]
C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\vptray]
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\Common\\Tools\\VS-Ent98\\Vanalyzr\\VARPC.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Talk\\googletalk.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YahooMessenger.exe"=
"C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"=

R1 TPPWRIF;TPPWRIF;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Tppwrif.sys [2007-06-18 01:16]
R3 EraserUtilDrv10741;EraserUtilDrv10741;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilDrv10741.sys [2008-05-26 21:34]
R3 WSIMD;wsimd Service;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wsimd.sys [2006-11-15 03:00]
S3 SQLWriter;SQL Server VSS Writer;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe" [2005-10-14 03:53]
S4 msvsmon80;Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86\msvsmon.exe" /service msvsmon80 []

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-05-25 04:35:26 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\PMTask.job"
- C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\PWMIDTSK.EXE
"2008-05-25 21:39:10 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Symantec NetDetect.job"
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-26 21:34:07
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 FAT NTAPI

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

PROCESS: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
-> C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphklock.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCPROXY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCSETMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC CLIENT FIREWALL\ISSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SNDSRVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCEVTMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IPSSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ACS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CISCO SYSTEMS\VPN CLIENT\CVPND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\DEFWATCH.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\COMMON\GOOGLE UPDATER\GOOGLEUPDATERSERVICE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\INETSRV\INETINFO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT SQL SERVER\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\BINN\SQLSERVR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CYBERLINK\SHARED FILES\RICHVIDEO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\SAVROAM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\RTVSCAN.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC CLIENT FIREWALL\SYMSPORT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TPKMPSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UASERVICE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC CLIENT SECURITY\SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS\VPTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
Completion time: 2008-05-26 21:35:30 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-05-26 16:05:26
ComboFix2.txt 2008-05-26 04:05:24

Pre-Run: 17,044,258,816 bytes free
Post-Run: 17,060,233,216 bytes free

------------------------------------New HijackThis log-------------------------------------
Scan saved at 9:39:33 PM, on 5/26/2008

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)

--
End of file - 6109 bytes

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.
=====================================
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
(This scanner is for use with internet explorer only)
Click on "Accept"

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as button:
  • Save the file in txt format to your desktop.
  • Post that information in your next post.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
The scan verdict is system infected. Here is the log:-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:16:24 AM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 26/05/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 801091
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 66061
Number of viruses found: 5
Number of infected objects: 7
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:26:23

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\OSession.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ODiag.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\profile.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Confid.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Content.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\WebHist.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Privacy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\Restrict.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Client Firewall\System.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_384.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\IBM\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\pravin\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\pravin\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NtUser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop.htt Infected: not-virus:Hoax.HTML.Secureinvites.b skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPPolicy.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPStart.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\SPStop.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBValid.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBConfig.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBRefr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBNotify.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetCfg.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetUsr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBStHash.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetLoc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBSetDev.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBDetect.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBDebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\LOGS\BBStMSI.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSYS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDFW.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDCON.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDALRT.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDIDS.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDDBG.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG\log_17.trc Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\master.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\mastlog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdbdata.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdblog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\model.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\modellog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.h skipped
C:\Program Files\TightVNC\VNCHooks.dll Infected: not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.b skipped
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SAVRT\0288NAV~.TMP Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\Symantec Client Security\Symantec AntiVirus\SAVRT\0442NAV~.TMP Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP6\A0004291.sys Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Agent.aol skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP8\A0004369.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.plz skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP9\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\clbdriver.sys.vir Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Agent.aol skipped
C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\Documents and Settings\IBM\Application Data\Microsoft\dtsc\18032.exe.vir Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.plz skipped
D:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP9\change.log Object is locked skipped
E:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP9\change.log Object is locked skipped
F:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B278766-2052-4CCF-BCDB-6540B9F2793C}\RP9\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hi have you ever installed this program >TightVNC.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes I have TightVnc installed in my system

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Tight VNC was said to be infected but it is only a risk tool.
If you installed it then that is fine.
=====================
I will need to you show hidden files\folders so we can delete the leftover file.
To Set:
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK

Then find and delete this file :
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop.htt
then reset your system to not show hidden files\folders.

===============
To reset:
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not Show hidden files and folders.
  • Check the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK
===========================
Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
    Posted Image

Also delete\uninstall anything that we used that is left over.
======================================================================
After that your log is clean. :)

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people.
You do not have to have all or any of them they are only suggestions.
This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.

Spybot Search & Destroy-Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.

Ad-Aware-Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.

Spyware Blaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.

Spywareguard-Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.

IE-SPYAD- puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.

Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

Tony Klein article To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein.

AnandM

AnandM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have deleted the file as per your instructions.

Thanks very much for all your help. Appreciate it!

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
You are welcome :)

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.